How to remove this

Jesus , who put those hose clips on, thats going to leak. Oh I see... just moved out of the way. So you didn't believe my fix with the paste eh. .

There should be a nut in that coupling holding onto the tapered or keyed shaft. It might need a puller but I'd try a few taps with a hammer once I'd checked that all fastenings were out. Sometimes there will be a set screw in through the casing to stop the nut from turning or to back up the key.

There will be a nut on the end of the shaft. This nut will be the next size up from any sockets you own. You will then go purchase the larger socket to find you also need the larger ratchet to put it on.

After going back to get the larger ratchet you will still not get it undone as it will be tighter than anything you have seen before.

If you do get it off, it may take a lot more force than a hammer to get the whole thing off the tapered shaft.. mine took a hydraulic jack and a little jig to get it off..

Good luck :) i just did mine

I nearly cried reading that. I have discovered the nut. It is bigger than my biggest socket. I thought I would be smart and actually measure it before rushing off to the shop. But i lent my calipers to someone and they never came back. So I went to the shop to buy calipers. Then back to the boat to measure the nut. Shop again in the morning to get the socket. AND NOW YOU TELL ME IT WON'T FIT THE HANDLE!!!I haven't got that bit yet.

And the coppercoat people never turned up.

What's the consensus on kwiseal by Henley. A little more expensive that the old one but looks good. And available at GH.

Thats what I put in. Only been in the water 2 weeks so I can't really comment yet. Looks very nicely built. 

The guys at Henleys knew their stuff and were very helpful, and I do like the fact I can go in there and ask them if I have any issues..