Possible bargain for someone

JK

LOL. His trademe rating is appalling. Lots of red marks and blue marks. Maybe he'll throw in a gold brick as well. If it's too good to be true ...

. 200 positive remarks and 5 negative hardly appalling statistics, certainly a chance of a bargain if it is what someone wants.

Im with wheels. Nothing wrong with that story, seller just wants to get it gone. In a market where boats sit around for sale for years its a reasonable strategy if you are motivated to sell.

• Upvote 1

it's a pretty light ballast:displacement ratio of 24.7 %.

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=7630

But the D/L  (displacement to length ratio) at 351 is higher.

Safety record in storms? I couldn't find the mandatory European STIX value. But I did get loads of sh*t from google which was totally irrelevant. I got one hit with duckduckgo

they are awesome boats,  "Steerforth" is a stretched one being about 46ft and it was sold in top nick a few years back for around 310k,  was a three skin kauri boat.  i think this boat would sell around 250 ish if listed normally.

out of my price range right now

That 24.7 sound's wrong to me. I would cheerfully go pretty much anywhere in it. They've cruised all over for ages. Never heard of one having a problem. Lovely boats.

But how can you say that if it doesn't have the mandatory European STIX?

You are clearly a reckless person with low consequence appreciation within your personality type. 

Seaford just back here from ica rally

Seaforth aint a Cav 45. She's a newer generation .We spent some time with those guys , great people. We had 3 Davidson 45's( Seaforth might be 46) lined up in fulaga, one of which was a cav .

That design , Cav 45, is probably one of the best ocean boats you can buy .Ton of room , indestructible, fast in cruiser terms.  Stix , schmix ,book learning does not trump one of the worlds best designers . Those boats get cat 1 all day every day and they can't do that without the  correct stability .

Vingalot was made to get a stability report for the round NZ a few years ago for whatever the race version of cat 1 is . Flying colours, as expected. 

A Farr 1220 is a relatively lightweight fast cruiser , and a fine job they do of it.

But I agree , A Cav 45 is not comparable , its a hell of a lot bigger for one. What are they.. about 20 tons? somewhere around there.... 18 maybe.

That boat would be very cheap at 200 k but I fear it'll be high 100's or low 200's. Its new for a Cav 45 too. I hope the guy gets what he wants.