#21 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

The Christchurch team are asking for liquefaction reports, even picking out individual applications in subdivision.

The Tauranga Council required and liquefaction, flood reports for a 7 x 6.5 m boiler shed at the Mount, had to raise the floor 100mm for the high water but the rest of the factory is under water. :wtf:  :wtf: 

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#22 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:45 AM

I've just been through the process up our way for the shed. Wasn't overly onerous. Maybe different for a house - we'll see.

Architect has full documentation of NZ building code, so shouldn't be too far off spec. Will need local geotech and engineering for sure...

"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer"

#23 chariot

chariot

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

I've just been through the process up our way for the shed. Wasn't overly onerous. Maybe different for a house - we'll see.

Architect has full documentation of NZ building code, so shouldn't be too far off spec. Will need local geotech and engineering for sure...

All architects and draughtsmen have access to the NZ building code but very few submit plans with no items to be addressed. If fact, many simply don't understand the compliance documents and the relevant NZ standards.

Very few building consent applications are lodged and then consent is issued without a request for further information.

#24 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Do it all on the ground and then stand the completed panel up , plenty of info on the web eg

https://thermomass.com/

and in NZ

https://www.composit...-concrete-panel

this alternative looks interesting as well

http://www.litecrete...e.html#featured

Talking to the Composite guys above they also do the thermomass system. Options are plenty, which is good.

#25 DrWatson

DrWatson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • LocationLand locked

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

All architects and draughtsmen have access to the NZ building code but very few submit plans with no items to be addressed. If fact, many simply don't understand the compliance documents and the relevant NZ standards.

Very few building consent applications are lodged and then consent is issued without a request for further information.

Agreed. Even our shed required additional details which had been omitted by the draftsmen/engineers. 

#26 marinheiro

marinheiro

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSandspit NZ/Belo Horizonte Brasil

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Wet weekend here so I spent sometime looking at some of the drawing software available with the key word "free"!

This one seems pretty good and did not take too long to figure out how to use it

http://www.sweethome3d.com/

It is open source and only down side is the library of fittings for windows and doors is rather Nth American centric

#27 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yep, thats what I used to create all my initial models.....

It's very useful and easy to use. It's not so good on roof/ceiling planning

I did all these (and more) before the architect stepped in....

Attached Files

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users