#11 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

yeah Tiri is fun in a blow...

It's a whole lot more enjoyable if your missus, prone to seasickness, is in the car and not the bottom of the cockpit...

What do they say, the best cure for seasickness is to sit under an apple tree.

#12 MarkMT

MarkMT

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationLake Zurich, Illinois

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

There's a campground at Sandspit. Easy pop across to Kawau.

#13 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

nah just train exiting one

Poukaraka flats   nice but very shallow just off

Mahurangi great option but a decent distance if no motor

wives are trainable??whips n chains

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#14 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Gotta say I find the misogynistic comments here quite off and puerile . Not funny or witty either.

Anyway I wanted to say that my wife is the same but once in a quiet anchorage is fine and doesn't need to go ashore. Depending on the level of motion- sickness you may find different things that work. Try standing up and balancing alone, with only a loose hold if needed for safety, and focusing on the horizon. If the motion sickness gets too bad a safety harness and tether on the leeward side to prevent going overboard with the lunch is needed.

#15 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Gotta say I find the misogynistic comments here quite off and puerile . Not funny or witty either.

I spent a couple of hours in the presence of ten 21yo females 2 months ago. It was scary and the talk about boyfriends and males was out there, quite a way out there. If you don't like the harmless comments here the girls would terrify the crap out of you.

When D1 was born I was working from home and ended up being in a mothers coffee group, the token male and husband. You think the daughters are bad, holy crap the mothers are worse, funny but at times utter filth. They discussed their other half's with far more gusto and in far deeper fine detail than I have ever seen a male do, even a horny arsed teenage one.

Males and females are different, both smack talk about the other sex equally, you're never going to change nature so don't try to sanitise the difference, celebrate it.

Good comment about tethering people of they are seasick and likely to dive to the gunwale for a chunder. I have seen someone go over doing that, luckily we had just anchored. The swim did fix the problem. But if we had been at sea, poor light, a few waves then it could have been a very different outcome.

#16 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

I have deleted a couple of posts here. Please keep to the site rules - on the menu at the top, under "more" then "site rules".

If you see something that contravenes the rules, report it so the moderators see it - we don't read every post...

DO NOT respond to it yourself, as this often exacerbates the problem, an YOU may be penalised as well as the errant initial problem poster.

And for those complaining about site content - remember it is provided by the members, and if there is a thread that annoys you, don't read it!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#17 chariot

chariot

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

I used to see people camping on the far north east corner of Ponui island at Xmas time. Haven't seen it for a while. Maybe if you contacted the farm manager it may be possible

#18 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

The difference between ribaldry and rape culture is chalk and cheese.

#19 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

Yes but ribaldry, cheese and chalk do exist, rape 'culture' doesn't.

#20 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

I used to see people camping on the far north east corner of Ponui island at Xmas time. Haven't seen it for a while. Maybe if you contacted the farm manager it may be possible

Had a chat with a dude today who said if a family rang and asked and if things lined up OK then there is a OK chance a limited stay camp would be fine.

The key things being families good, a pile of potential yobs not so. Timing as in where stock are at the time and being an island is is not easy to just flick them into the paddock next door so rotation is very important. And numbers would be very strictly limited.

It would be a fun island to spend a day or 2 on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users