#11 native

native

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

I'm not a fan of rules and regulations, but there is no staying aboard on the piles at all. Thats the deal, as for the parking its probably a mistake as you are not allowed to park n' ride so to speak, using the marina as a carpark while you wander of to work, so if no boat yet on the berth they may think youre abusing the system. 

As for the cost or renting, its a bitch but its worth it- for now!

#12 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNgaruawahia

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

I'm missing something here. You pay for a berth and with it goes a carpark. I would have thought that's the end of it. You park your boat while you go work ? You park your car because that's what you pay for ? The exclusive use of a marina berth and ditto for carpark. Don't have that problem in the Waikato. Don't see the difference between parking to go sailing and parking to go to work. Surely working to pay for the rent is marina related ?

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#13 ynot

ynot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

Tried to parked with a trailer there on weekend for 2 hours and got a little stir up from one of the staff, tried to argue that nowhere on the signage says you cannot do it but that was going nowhere but he let us in the end.
Are you allowed to part a trailer does anyone know?

#14 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

I'm missing something here. You pay for a berth and with it goes a carpark. I would have thought that's the end of it. You park your boat while you go work ? You park your car because that's what you pay for ? The exclusive use of a marina berth and ditto for carpark. Don't have that problem in the Waikato. Don't see the difference between parking to go sailing and parking to go to work. Surely working to pay for the rent is marina related ?

100% agree Armchair. 

#15 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

I'm not a fan of rules and regulations, but there is no staying aboard on the piles at all. Thats the deal, as for the parking its probably a mistake as you are not allowed to park n' ride so to speak, using the marina as a carpark while you wander of to work, so if no boat yet on the berth they may think youre abusing the system. 

As for the cost or renting, its a bitch but its worth it- for now!

And so how would they determine this? How would they know if you are sailing or not?  I don't recall filling in my car rego details on their forms - are we going to get to the stage now where berth holders are going to have to line up at the marina office and "check in" like little school children?

"Hi there Dear Marina Sir - I am parked here today, with my PERMIT, because I PAY YOU for my berth, which COMES WITH a parking permit - but I am off sailing so PLEASE do not put nasty little letters under my windscreen wipers.

It's a crock of sh#t.  Yeah sure, non-berth holders parking in the white areas all day - yep ticket 'em.  They are not customers of the marina. They don't pay a cent. No problem hammering them.

But berth holders displaying their parking permit? No bloody way should they be hassled.

#16 Ed

Ed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

You pay for the guarenteed berth space, not a guarenteed parking space. Weswthaven has a much nigher ratio of parking spaces to berths than most places, although I can imaging the north side is under a lot more pressure than the south.

I can see both sides of the argument, common theme seems to be the comunication. A friendly word at the appropiae time is far more palatable and effective than notes under the wiper which in being faceless tend to wind people up.

#17 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

No parking issues at Weiti. Nice friendly club too.

And you don't have to go down the ditch past all those nasty wharf extensions and dodge the commercial shipping just to start sailing somewhere nice either. But don't tell anyone, we wouldn't want the word to get around and inadvertently create a parking problem.

#18 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

I just got a ticket!!! I have no idea what for as I have a current permit and i recall the day clearly as it was my birthday. I was parked in the correct place.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

#19 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

No parking issues at Weiti. Nice friendly club too.

And you don't have to go down the ditch past all those nasty wharf extensions and dodge the commercial shipping just to start sailing somewhere nice either. But don't tell anyone, we wouldn't want the word to get around and inadvertently create a parking problem.

Two questions on Weiti, Fish - is there not a long waiting list for piles?  And is not entrance a little hairy at times?

#20 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:51 AM

I just got a ticket!!! I have no idea what for as I have a current permit and i recall the day clearly as it was my birthday. I was parked in the correct place.

Please do follow up and let us know.  Sounds like this Marina is hell bent on pissing off berth holders.

So much for customer service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users