57 replies to this topic

#51 BNG

BNG

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

You cant make jewelry out of a digital certificate... 

#52 Ed

Ed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Trying to catch a falling knife is always a challenge, you might get lucky, but its not unusual to lose a few fingers in the process

#53 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

Apparently a bunch of Bitcoin investors have taken a cruise. The Currency was at $13.5K when the Ship left Port. When the Ship arrived back at the Port, the Coin had dropped in value to a mere $3K.

#54 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,070 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Nope, not correct Wheels.

Bitcoin has not been at 3K since July last year, and has not been back there since. Since hitting 13 K the first time, the lowest its ever got is a bit under 10K.....

In my unprofessional opinion, it actually probably worth about 9-10 K if the speculators went away....

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#55 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Ooops, my bad. I misread a word. Just one word too. I read to as by. The comment was " dropped to $10K" and I read it as dropped by $10K. Here is the story.
https://www.stuff.co...ockchain-cruise

#56 Sabre

Sabre

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

I've been watching the Bitcoin price over the last month or so. Down to 8k USD now from a high of 18.7k. Media were all over it a month or so ago but now barely a peep.

It seems to me it has been a fantastic vehicle for transferring money from the naive and gullible to the rich and cunning.

Some "experts" still believe the price will end up north of 50k by the end of the year but I can't see it. I can see some benifits and some of the reasoning behind cryptocurrencies but I can't see it ever being out of reach of legislation and manipulation which is always going to erode confidence and therefore its value. I could be wrong, time will tell.

#57 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

According to my morning 'FX rates and what's been happening in the world in the last 24hrs' update,

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies also plunged, this was more to do with regulatory concerns than US jobs numbers.

People are coming after the crypto's.

50K is highly possible though. The days of things having to make sense are well over but no surprise with so much money drifting around with no where to go. All the silly billy governments that poured V into the printing presses so they'd spit out huge coin bloody fast have created a very volitile situation which has many respected names getting quite worried a GFC2 could happen very easily if someone gets a silly on.

#58 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

I guess when you're the IRD and a new currency pops up out of the blue you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

https://www.newsroom...crypto-guidance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users