Age Racing - Mount Gay to be won

THANKYOU Lionmark for finding my mistake and honesty.

I have adjusted the results and barring any other adjustments, changes in the SSANZ provisional results or my errors, the results are now altered to:

1 Panacea

2 Communique

3 Danaide

4 Open Country

5 Elly

6 Suburban Reptile

7 Mr Roosevelt

8 E-nine

9 V Team

10 Charlatan

11 Lionmark

12 Nijinsky

13 Mercenary

14 Overload

DNF Fineline

DNS Tiaoga Iti aka Tama Iti

Last year Brett sold Munetra, Raven 26, and upgraded to S34 Panacea. The hull has been all repainted and a start made on the topsides and coachroof. The cabin sides and decks need more protective coats but we were in a rush to get to the Panmure 3L2H race in mid March, our first real race.

Since then more work has been done aiming towards Cat 3 for this year's Coastal Classic, interrupted by weekly rum racing and Simrad races. Re-wiring, re-plumbing, sail repairs, re-rigging instrument upgrading etc and yet to start internal re-painting.

So yesterday was hard work, especially for my getting older body. We dropped our main after Iliomama Rock Light and tacked badly under No3 alone without pointing well and lost at least 30, maybe 45mins in the heavier squall we hit between Rangitoto and Orakei wharfs. So we dropped places in the Shorthaul divisional results and therefore this Mt Gay Rum will be really appreciated and enjoyed, Thanks Squid & Mt Gay.

For Elly, who now falls to 5th place, & Lionmark and others who entered this competition, including Mr & Mrs Fossil, come and share a drop or two after this weeks Ponsonby's Rum Race on F1 pier about 1800.

(Panacea is on F119 but another S34 could be "drinks boat" next thursday & BYO Glass would be sensible).

Cheers

Isn't the age correction factor backwards?

Time and time again the old farts here bang on that experience counts for much more than youth, yet here you're giving the oldies a crutch. According to the goings on here, the oldies should have a higher handicap, not a lower one :wink:

You can come for a rum as well, providing you bring over 18 proof of age :sick: :sick: :sick:

This looks like the first fair handicap system that's been invented. Perhaps we could call it the IRC rule, short for Intensive Rum Consumption. Well done chaps.

Thankyou.

But PHRF = Progressively Heavier Rum Factorisation possibly :?: :think:

Yes indeed.

For the future. Should we do this again :?:

Squid's looking at the Coastal Classic where Mt Gay is already a sponsor.

Any suggestions for improvements :?:

Archived