Celestial Navigation at the stardome

Check the home page.

They have offered a freebie complementary ticket. Post your plea here and I will dish it out on Friday.

Offers of money, rum or women with loose morals will be considered, but you are more likely to win with a good story/reason why you should get it.

GPS has taken over.

Plus celestial navigation is tough on your neck, looking up at the stars.

The modern day neck has developed into a rigid feature along with rounded shoulders, bent arms generated by age of the computer. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Bugger, just saw this one. Was planning on going to one of these evenings. That will teach me for spending too long with my head in the clouds( so the misses say's). Just my luck and the cloud will clear and I would get lost anyway................. navigation course or not :oops: :oops:

I have no rum or money, but I am a woman of loose morals and loose neck muscles, not disinclined to lift eyes to stars. Oh, and learning celestial navigation (if that's what this is all aboot), will let me say a big, fat 'I TOLD YOU SO' to my partner when the electronics crap out halfway to Tonga. I've already told him he's not using my wind vane steering gear if he's not willing to contribute to it (because two electronic autohelms, both equally susceptible to electronic failure, are apparently all the steering assistance one might need for an offshore passage).

Oh and my England ain't half bad either, so expect a sh*t-hot write-up.

it actually sounds quite interesting. it will also help me pass my science exam in a few weeks cause right now i dont know sh*t about stars and stuff. i think it would be a good skill to have though. i can practice on my trip to fiji next month

I asked my wife to judge, but she couldn't decide between the last two. So I sent an email to the lady at the stardome so she could decide but haven't had an answer (maybe she's nocturnal, spends all night stargazing), so I'm going to toss a coin - stand by.

And the winner is........

Bimini Babe (pm me your address and I'll mail it)

Jordan - I started to think of a consolation prize for you (but you're too young for rum) then I remembered you were trying to steal my position on AA on another thread - bad form Mr Smee, bad form.

Much as I appreciate the gesture, I must regretfully decline. Just read the bit about it being on the last Tuesday of the month (probably pays to check in advance... sorry) but I'll be sailing in the BOI this Tuesday, and sailing back from Noumea the following month. Stink.

J Harkin, it's your lucky day!

Oh and Squid I'll happily take the consolation prize off your hands... :wink:

Archived