Sail Repair

Tapes not going to fix that. Any canvas maker or sailmaker could do it, or yourself with a decent sewing machine

I’d get all of them backed up while you have the sail off.

Who made the sail because that’s piss-poor. I got Norths to put slugs on my mainsail as the boltrope was a pain in the butt for daysailing. They did it properly with backing patches. I didn’t have to ask them, it’s common sense

7053FFB2-900A-45B4-995E-D43F77B10CB8.jpeg

You could make some Sticky back patches, they should work as a short term fix.

Ta, was wondering if they might interfere with a perm patch but if you're going to sew over the top I guess it ain't gonna matter.

Any recommendations on who to do it?  Not sure wifey's going to be too impressed if I drag her machine out of the cupboard...

That's just age.

An easy fix, taking out the grommet, unpicking the luff tape, making and sewing on some reinforcing, resewing the luff tape, new eyelet and then reattaching the plastic pop shackle if it too isn't UV buggered and has to be replaced - this times as many slides like this on the luff as they are all probably in the same state so have them all done. A time consuming repair that will probably double the life, or what's left of the life, in this sail.

A time consuming repair that will probably double the life, or what's left of the life, in this sail.

That's the nice way of saying - your sail's rooted and you'll soon be shelling out for another one? ;-)