#21 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Agree with Rats. This is too hard, I would support a move to Italy, so they dont have to deal with the idiots running the show here.

#22 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

If this is right I mutter 'fucken Panuku' to myself.  That report that came out yesterday saying NZ is the least corrupt country in the world seems to have excluded that department.

NZ has the worst kind of corruption the type that cannot be readily identified and exposed hence the award for the least corrupted.

"hear no evil see no evil"

Plenty smells about the whole process but no one will ever get fingered.

#23 Romany

Romany

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Ciao Dalts. Please, defend the mug in Italy, but do us a favour - act before the council spends more of our money on this crap.

#24 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

Apart from blocking the waterfront view from their offices here is another reason why VHH have burst into life on the AC bases.

One Market Square.

ULTueyP.jpg

#25 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

This interview is quite interesting.

https://www.radionz....o_id=2018633375

Sounds like bases '2 & 3' weren't meant to be bases as they're wanted by/used for/by the superyachts/marine industry, and TNZ say the other bases on Winyard point are unworkable. 

https://www.radionz....ica-s-cup-plan 

Can't imagine Italy being any more organised than us though.  Or maybe if you've got enough money over there you just bulldoze your way through and get what you want.

#26 Romany

Romany

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

Can't imagine Italy being any more organised than us though.  Or maybe if you've got enough money over there you just bulldoze your way through and get what you want.[/quote]
U r quite probably right but Auckland can't afford this shambles and so I reckon give it to the lowest bidder.
It's a hospital pass..

#27 Romany

Romany

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Despite all that, I think it would be cool to host it here I just don't think it will happen and I for one would think the holder has reason to rush off elesewhere.
Shame really. 75 foot foilers - that's pretty awesome..

#28 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

Despite all that, I think it would be cool to host it here I just don't think it will happen and I for one would think the holder has reason to rush off elesewhere.
Shame really. 75 foot foilers - that's pretty awesome..

Yup would be kinda cool but not at any price.
Best spectator view like many sports however is from a decent size high quality tv.
Really don’t give a rats arse wether it’s here or in Italy.
Not very patriotic to local industry etc I know but this half arsed AC base fiasco has only just begun.
Something about the Auckland physche for doing things by halves.
Banged on endlessly to reclaim the whole of Victoria Park as a park when the undergrounding was done, typical Auckland half arsed bean countered result with a billion tons of vehicle contaminates continuing to rain down on the park users who are trying to improve their health.

#29 ex Elly

ex Elly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:47 AM

Prominent Aucklanders enter America's Cup base row to push for land-based solution

#30 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

And Emerites responds in a not nice manner and is saying Robertson 'promised' them what they wanted a month ago.

What a clusterfuck this is turning out to be. Moron V Moron being helped by morons all bathed in large quantities of Mickey Mouse with sticks of dumbarse jambed way up their..... yes that place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users