#1 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:42 AM

Tonga has taken a slapping so
please take the time to make donation through the Red Cross.
Size does matter.

#2 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,107 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

Personally I’d not donate a cent via Red Cross. Ask them what their cost of collection is -ie how much will Tonga actually get....

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#3 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Well let me rephrase it for you then, why not just donate some coin to help out in Tonga with a organization whose cost of collection appeals to you.

#4 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,107 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

👍

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#5 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

I hope none of you mind me saying, but if anyone wants to make a donation, Tear Fund is an organisation well worth considering. I am a close friend of the Director and Tear Fund came about via another organisation I was personally involved with. When it grew to a considerable size, we cut it loose to stand on it's own as an Aid Organisation. It is noted as being an Organisation where a very high percentage of the Donations given actually gets to the cause and not sucked up in the running of the Organisation, or in paying staff wages. Those who work for it do so as volunteers and seek financial support in other ways.

#6 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

You said it a high percentage may make it , if your going to become a donation organisation do your homework before befor registrating that all your contractors , ie air transport ,road transport and all hands involved ,collectors , postage company’s will do it for the same cause and free , as soon as one does many will donate

#7 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

You said it a high percentage may make it ,

Please don't change my wording. That is not what I said at all. 
I am not wanting to start a bitch fight with this thread. If you have nothing good to add, then please don't. Please don't start dissing something you know nothing about and put off those that may decide to send some help from doing so.
There is always going to be some costs in running such an organisation. Power for the Office, Website, Vehicles etc. But Tearfund seek to have as much donated making it to those in need as possible. Just as you said how an Organisation should operate, they in fact do operate as best as can possibly be done.

#8 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

Jesus what a touchy bunch.
Must be the humidity.
Habitat for Humanity gets my vote.

#9 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:05 AM

Not much gets there wheels , years ago we sent off boxes of clothing to one of these events , several boxes , I can’t remember wich , and was asked to donate cash pay for the travel , two years after we were called one day to come and collect the clothing , it was not sent , and never saw the money ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users