Photo

Go on Nats, pick Collins as your leader...I dare you.

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#21 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

I'm not going to try and change your political view KM, like they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I think it s a bit naive to think personality doesn't play any role in politics.

And I note, not for the first time, the slightly underhand reference to so and so being "attractive", its not that, but referring to that demonstrates further the lack of basic insight as to what has gone on, and what is going on now.

I got to there and thought Holy sh*t!!!!!, he's making up such wild and inaccurate assumptions and it's only the second sentence. Sounds like he's channelling Hans Christan Anderson, another writer of make believe.

Then I remembered I've never been a fan of fairy tales so read no further.

#22 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

People cant believe the Nats lost, I mean how could they? It just shows how out of touch with the rest of NZ their supporters are.  People also have very short selective memories, the nats campaigned on a $20 a week tax cut and being anti nanny state, that along with Key and a tired Clarke govt got them into power but that was long ago and people wanted change. Now they have to actually stand for something that will make a difference to the gen  x's and millennials who missed out on the great wealth transfer to the baby boomers that began in 84 which has only accelerated since then in many forms, housing being the most obvious one. 

This is a sea change, the assumed superiority of the conservative status quo is being questioned worldwide, Trump, Brexit etc and here in NZ Adern, Voters are tired of being fed sh!t sandwiches and told its chocolate cake by politicians and opinionated media hacks like Hosking. So if Collins comes back in the voters already know what she will be spreading on the tip top white sandwich loaf for them to eat, good luck with that.

#23 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

http://www.newshub.c...-amy-adams.html

Amy wants gnational to have compassion...  Oh how lovely you are Amy, come and give grandma a hug sweetheart...

Is that some kind of sick joke?  She was the one that didn't want Teina Pora to get any compensation at all, then tried to get out of paying an inflation adjustment on his compo.  Like she somehow knows more than the high court judges that ruled on the case, coz like, she's and MP, and like, everyone knows MP's are special...

And then she walks out with the gardening lady on her arm and talks about compassion.

She's the female equivalent of male, pale and stale.

The cupboard is empty.  

#24 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

Then I remembered I've never been a fan of fairy tales so read no further.

That's a shame, you may have learnt something.

But thanks for letting me know. It does confirm what everyone else has been saying, that when confronted with information that doesn't align with what you believe, you just crawl up into a little ball and ignore it. Does explain why the climate change thread isn't going anywhere.

Not to worry, I do appreciate knowing that trying to discuss anything with you is a futile waste of my time.

Anyway, question to everyone else, what would happen to the noise to content ratio around here if I just put one certain individual on that 'ignore' list thingee?

#25 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

I am all for having different opinions because many times in my life I have been totally wrong yet at the time I was convinced I was right. But it’s pretty hard when the discussion keeps going into the written equavalent of a bunch of drag queens getting pissed to Edith Piaff...

#26 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

This is the sort of candidate I think will actually work. Someone a bit more left field, that doesn't already have a high profile and doesn't come with a load of baggage (Orivida scandal anyone?)

Will appear fresh with new ideas to the electorate, and likely be in a much better position to move National forward.

https://www.stuff.co...dership-contest

#27 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

You know that theres turnoil when 200 people chuck their hats in the ring! One thing for sure unless the new leader is remarkable then they are simply a sacrificial lamb

#28 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

Or a more positive way of putting it is that they will be taking one for the team

#29 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

It would be a big bet that this lot will last in Govt. until 2020 . If there was an election now National would fly in,probably without a coalition partner. NZ1 is a dead duck. Most of those disenchanted voters will go to National. Jacinderella throwing money around (our money) won't work. Example : that suicide prevention committee Mike King was on has allegedly recently been 'rearranged'.Previously a volunteer group she got 5 to resign and appointed 5 maori replacements at $70000 each. Probably party hacks and if that's true it's unlikely to be an isolated example.

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#30 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Just gossip from talkback radio, Remember whenever you hear the words maori and government jobs in the same sentence it’s just the same old racism packaged up for general consumption.

That said no matter what the government says we have a duty as does the fourth estate to hold them to account, there’s no point saying if we hold an election tthe national party will get in. Thats just more Sour grapes from the first past the post contingent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users