Updating OpenCPN files with updated LINZ files

How do I update my base chart with Jan 2018 file when using OpenCPN?

Tauranga Harbour has had several mark changes (e.g. C4 deleted) and the channel has been dredged and I would like to think the 2018 update would include these changes but it either doesn't have it or I am doing something wrong

Easy!

1. Make sure you have the chart downloader in your plugins. If not, get it from opencpn.org.
  2. Then, in the chart downloader, make sure the linz charts are in the catalog list - if not, add it.
  3. Click the NZ charts in the catalog list, then push the update button.

Ok, Android, Sorry, instructions above are for a pc. It’s similar but slightly different. If you are a cheapskate,and got the free version from google play, then there is no chart updater. This is an old, non supported, pirated version. The correct version costs $15, and says Dave Register on it - he’s the one who wrote it and supports it.

However, if you have Dave’s version here is how you do it and check your up to date.

Open the app, push the Crescent/scanner/wrench button

In the top menu, select “charts” you may need to scroll along left or right to see that button.

Once charts is selected, in the 2nd menu bar down use the scroll buttons to find “chart downloader” select that.

In the catalog section you should see New Zealand 2018-0 if it’s there, select it, push update button on right.

If it’s not there, add it. Push add on the right, look under chart catalogs, pick nz., download.

Once nz is in the catalog, clicking it will show, in the bottom window, 2 lines, one for the base pack and one for updates. They’ll show “up to date” or “update available “. If they don’t show up to date, you’re not....