Dogs

Happens all the time.

Must be absolutely gutting for Doc rangers and volunteers.

How much fun does the furry 4 legged member of the family have waiting all day or nite to get rowed ashore for a dump.

I personally think that the pet owners are never going to change their behaviour and that is evidenced by the fact that none that I see on a regular basis around the gulf can either read or are prepared to at least pick up the crap as they are so willing to do on land.

I watched a guy take his dog ashore for a dump on Rotoroa a few years back. There's a wildlife refuge across the road from us at Whitianga that dogs are banned from at certain times of the year but gets totally ignored.

Dog owners are firm of the belief that "my dog is under control, my dog wouldn't hurt anything" usually just before it rips the face off a kid.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs but their owners let them down badly

And I wasn't aware that dog owners picked up the crap on land. They don't even pick it up on the Westhaven piers

I watched a guy take his dog ashore for a dump on Rotoroa a few years back. There's a wildlife refuge across the road from us at Whitianga that dogs are banned from at certain times of the year but gets totally ignored.

Dog owners are firm of the belief that "my dog is under control, my dog wouldn't hurt anything" usually just before it rips the face off a kid.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs but their owners let them down badly

And I wasn't aware that dog owners picked up the crap on land. They don't even pick it up on the Westhaven piers

They do here in Ponsonby for some strange reason.

Actually the worst crap is cat crap.

Had to wash down a chippie mate who had crawled under a house and had a good coating of pussy poo, not good at all.

Pussy poo... I don't like that combination of words ????

Pile moorings people have it rough! We get annoyed at each other for using "our" trolley (because if you brought it down two hours ago, obviously it's still yours...), and everyone else gets annoyed with us for not taking them back up! It's a hard life. Some of us even have to row to our boats. ????

• Upvote 1