#41 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

KM is correct. Rogernomics ! And who elected them ? Why ...the dopey people who got screwed by them of course. Like all L guvmits from Nordmeyer to Kirk to Rowling to Lange/Douglas to Clark to this mob. They say you can fool most of the people most of the time and that is sufficient. Looks like that's true ?

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#42 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

Or is the Herald nu zlins version of Fox news...

It would be more Roo News wouldn't it?

I saw some article last week where the dumb shits had tried to make a Aussie based story into a NZ one by changing things from aussie to NZ. But who ever was doing it forgot a bit -  "blaa blaa in NZ's capital city, Canberra, blaa blaa".

#43 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

To suggest that the NZHerald is capable of acting in any way as a partisan media organisation in a manner similar to Fox, CNN or any of the others is giving them far too much credit.  Frankly I don't think they are capable of reporting news at all, let alone putting any kind of idealogical spin on it!

After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#44 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Hoskings a joke along with his bit of fluff.

A moan here and a moan there crikey all they do is effing moan.

Reminds me of others.

#45 chariot

chariot

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Hoskings a joke along with his bit of fluff.

A moan here and a moan there crikey all they do is effing moan.

Reminds me of others.

Have to agree with you. The guy is so removed from the real NZ it's a joke. Bit like our mayor fill in Phil. Never had a real job in his life.

#46 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

They offer up nothing constructive,aspirational nor informed, just moan blah blah moan.
There should be a Stalinist limit placed on how much media sunlight shines on their collective dribble along with Soper and his teenage squeeze.

Maybe AT Kathryn King could request that Becca Consultants refund their fees charged for supplying fake data used as justification for the redundant cycleways.

Attached Files

#47 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:56 AM

Is it me or does something have a whiff of iffy about it?

The council hits back at hoskings accusing him of using 2026 projections in 2018. So does that mean the council projects the mega million, approaching 1 billion dollars worth, cycleways will have only 3000 users a day in 8 years time, up from 1300 odd today? WTF, where's any value in that for the poor ratepayer?

And this

Campbell-Reid said the council wasn't building the cycleways because they wanted to, but because locals were telling them too.

"In Auckland, 38 per cent of us cycle ... So, we're building $900 million of cycleways across Auckland's region," he said.

"They're demanding cycling facilities across the region and we're building it for them.

38% is utter 100% Export Grade BULL sh*t.

But I do like where the council is heading. Auckland Super City Council = 23 letters, quite a few. But using the councils methods of justification they could easily do the climate a massive favour, become more honest and be more accurately named by trimming their name down to only 5 letters, TRUMP, the savings would be in the millions.

#48 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

The consultants receive a brief from Council which,nudge nudge wink wink subtley suggests a required outcome..in discussion with each other and bizzo,a few months later that's what Council gets.At enormous expense. And the reward is yet another commission and so it goes on.You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. The 'strategists' policy analysts and planners have created a new "science" that  is designed to graft money from poor unsuspecting ratepayers and taxpayers. Notice how despite calls for responsibility accountability from all quarters none is ever given. Just another report exonerating all who got paid.

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#49 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

Crikey, AA are you sure you and Mike are not related.

Ludo Campbell Reid was being too polite.

"Get out of your car and get on your bike, Mike. Your children will thank you for it."

VS

"Get on your bike Mike and never come back the thinking public will thank you for it".

UtRbV3l.jpg

#50 Maté

Maté

Sailor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:42 AM

Isnt it great given the hordes of cash poured into roading that a fraction is being put into cycleways, awesome especially now that they are relatively underused you can go and enjoy riding your bike with the kids in safety instead of being a target on Aucklands roads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users