Carey Launch

Careys yard built some beautiful Boats. Although they all seemed rather slow, they were excellent Sea handling vessels. Rodger and Phil both have tremendous Deep Sea experience and their designs came from that experience.  That particular design looks very much like Rodger's (Father) design and being 74, Phil may well have had a hand in building it. Jim's days had the iconic swept back designs.

The only thing to be wary of, the Gardner engine no longer has parts being made. While these engines are damn close to be the Rolls Royce of Diesels and clock up huge hrs, they are going to become hard to obtain part for. In saying that though, even though it has some age on it, it may still outlast many that buy the boat today.

Been in touch with both Shaw Diesels here and Gardner in England.

No issues with supply of parts or servicing from their view.

Yes there is no issue with availability other than the pricing.... should you ever need to. Which could be a very scary expedition.

But given its a Garner you probably wont need to...

Let me see,

Shes for sale for USD 13,959,000 which is reasonably cheap for some thing in this length range, a more recent build in this length will set you back USD 45-55 million.

You can charter her for USD 195,000 per week plus food,  booze and fuel, that works out at 16,250.00 per guest (12 Total) plus expenses for a week.  Airfares to get to the vessel not included.

To fuel her up requires 220,000 litres, Range  9600 NM @ 10 Knots, given her length and original purpose as a North sea Tug  she probably runs bunker fuel.

Parking her just about anywhere at 58 metres is going to cost.

The daily run cost on top of the purchase price will be about USD 30,000 per day for mooring, crew, repairs,  insurance etc.

Those sorts of numbers going out makes most accountants get all clammy and want to sit down with a large scotch.

If you have the coin chartering her would make the most sense then you would not have to worry about where to park it or the daily outgoings for that matter.

Perhaps a crew.org give a little page ;-)

A nice "little"  Carey at just about any price does begin to become attractive,  if of course you are seriously considering crossing to the dark side.

Fish, re the helicopter thing you are not related to Rod Duke by any chance.

The pool well it's a must have due to the the amount of skin irritating plastic in the ocean.

Man the coolest thing about this beauty is the custom made model of her that you would have sitting on the desk whilst you are making your daily millions .

I got a photo of my old woody sitting in the ute, not quite in the same league.

Rats at some stage I am going to cross over just not yet and it is bloody hard to find a 10m classic stink pot that has adequate interior space and a lie down cockpit.

My super plainly will not span the economic leap of cost to a 12m marina. 

Schoinning designed a very similar power cat to the Hill one above. That'll be me when I can't hoist the main anymore (can't fully hoist at the moment but that's another issue!). Though that little Logan looks very pretty