Mobile prop speed applicators

Hhmm no disrespect intended but that has alot to do with being at Westpark I think. A guy who moors up the Mahurangi has a similar problem to you and I think it is because of the high levels of "solids" in the water.

Once yacht was put back in water it left WP and didn't return.

Was used between Waiheke and Whangaroa, mooving almost constantly, but did sit at Whangarei Town Basin for 3 months just before hauling out. Just prior to returning to Whg thought I had picked up some kelp at Poor Knights, had a swim and found none, just the prop loosing traction.

prop1.jpg

It won't stop growth. It does not have a biocide or copper or anything that makes the critters spit the dummy. So you will get growth.The idea is that the Growth should not be able to get a decent hold. So when it starts spinning, the growth should fall off....eventually. So in other words, it is a self cleaning product. As long as it stays on there, it should work. The big problem is keeping it on.

That's what the prep and then primer does. These are the anchor to the material being protected. Then the actual slippery coat chemically adheres to the primer coat. Then that final coat chemically changes as it dries and cures. The finished result is that the silicon/teflon then has a surface that is very very hard for anything to hold on to, but the base if it has almagamated to the primer which in turn is "keyed" to the metal.

The surfaces of the materials work in a complex, yet basic way. In the basics, it is simply that the surface is too smooth for anything to adhere to. I won't go into the complex...it's complex.

Another way I can explain it is that you can not climb a smooth Rockface, because you can not get a hold. But maybe there is a little crack that allows you to just hold on to.But then there is an earthquake and you then can not hold on.

Archived