Plumbing

Anyone know where I can get fittings like the ones in the attached pics? These are freshwater pipes and used throughout the boat but many of the joints have splits in them (age, over tightening?). These don't seem to be off the shelf fittings at the big chandleries so wonder where best to go? 

20180403_094859.jpg

20180403_094932.jpg

20180403_094943.jpg

The black ones look like Hansen compression fittings. Depending on the pipe size and wall thickness, the local plumbing shop may have the full range of fittings, i.e. Chesters. This is assuming the pipes are a standard buteyl type plumbing pipe.

I see one of the fittings is marked as 'acetal', and being a quality NZ boat, there is a reasonable chance this is all standard plumbing pressure pipe stuff. The compression fittings are similar to your garden hose arrangement, but sized and designed for pressure pipes (and priced accordingly). You take a straight piece of pipe (with trimmed clean ends) insert part of the fitting on the inside, and screw down the top fitting on the outside to compress the pipe onto the fitting. Easy to install.

No, not Hansen or John Guest. Although the new JG may fit OK. I can't say for sure.
The ones shown are the very old system for Butylene pipe and no longer available as far as I know.
KM is right. Go to Mico plumbing and ask for Acorn fittings. Mico's are half the price (or even more) of Bunnings for these fittings. Bunnings have a different brand, but the fittings are almost identical. The only difference being the Oring/grab ring orientation.
I think the Pipe should be OK for dimension between the old system and the new Acorn fittings. But it is worth checking the pipe is not brittle. Butylene should be flexible....ish and should not crack if you bend it. But Hot water shortens it's life. The hotter it has to handle, the shorter the life. 80degC is considered max for long term operation. It softens at around 110 and it blows from Mains pressure at 118degC. As I have found out on several occasions now. Long story.

Funny thing, I complained to the Bunnings plumbing guy that the fittings were ridiculously expensive. He asked me where I found then cheaper. I replied Mico's. He said, hmmmm, they must be struggling I reckon. You are the second person to say that. I checked the price and I can't get even close to anywhere near their prices. Something is odd. I said well I have always bought from Micos and only come here in an emergency need. The guys at Mico's laughed when I told them.

It took a while to work it out but finally, I know what fittings these are. These are Dux Pro-Fit Quicktite fittings and are "Export only, not available in NZ":

http://www.dux.co.nz/product-category/hot-and-cold/pro-fit-qicktite/

However, a message to their FB page and a quickly returned phone call from Ross at Dux and a bag of all the bits I need are on their way to me. An impressively friendly and helpful response from Dux for probably the smallest cash sale they'll do this week (or even this year)  :-)

Good to hear.
I didn't know Dux still operated. They had a product called Dux Quest that in recent years has had so many failures, that insurance companies will not cover you if you buy a Home that has Dux Quest installed. They require it to be replaced, which many are finding out is horrifically expensive to do.

If you do any new ,the john guest push together stuff is sheet hot. An adapter can be got too, to convert from the old dux/ buteline type stuff which are imperial versus metric in the new.

Says clean ,pressure cockpit shower boy, oh yeah.

Plumbing feedback and suggestions...

A surprise buteline leak on the freshwater system has been repaired, but brought plumbing update to the top of my winter project list.

Ripping out the old cold and hot water plumbing and Califont - a combination of old buteline and flexible hose with ss hose clamps...

Then replace with a new simpler cold water. Just the Galley Basin, Head Basin and Cockpit Shower.

Appreciate suggestions on systems....

I use 15mm domestic plastic plumbing, and either crimps (if you can borrow a crimper) or the plastic push in crimpless fittings.

Last pretty well, but restrict movement at joints with proper support.