Theres a new Pogo 30 in Whitianga and it's quite stunning. The room inside is huge. I took some pictures and a short video of it out sailing yesterday

Very impressed. The owner is not allowed to race so far but hopefully we can convince him to come out during the winter series

Only problem getting it here was all the standing rigging being stolen from it whilst sitting on the dock in France.

https://www.facebook.com/PhilipRobinHart/videos/10156144735859526/

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

Am I the only one that has been pogo dreaming since puff put these photo's up?  (or more accurately restarted dreaming...)

I was looking at some vids y.day and saw one saying that a new 36' is 235K Euro ($400K nz).  

That's quite a wack of cash even if lotto came your way it seems a hell of a chunk of cash, esp when you look at what else you could get for that kind of money.  Or is that figure wrong?

But, then, they are such a cool machine!

I have just spent a lot of time cruising in company with a pogo 1250 in the Caribbean(actually right from the cape Verde islands off africa then grenadines to BVI). Great boats and we competed in the Heineken regatta while pretty much still in full cruising spec with cruising sails ect and cleaned up against a fleet of class 40s. Fast boats.

• Upvote 1

The one in Priscilla's link has a lifting keel. There is a premium for that level of engineering in a lot of places.

And as for putting the winch inboard on the cockpit seat, what were those crazy Frenchies thinking, putting winches where you can reach them. I mean, right on the seat, next to where you sit. Before you know it you'll actually be using it to trim sails and stuff. Winches should be left way out of the way so as not to encumber you sailing the yacht, even if sailing he yacht may require using said winch...

The JKP yachts (and many other French designs) have a lot of little details that make using and sailing the boat easier. It all adds up to simple but well thought out, well designed boats.

Call me old fashioned but my 40 year 9.5m woody has a full length lie down cockpit for two and same in the saloon coupled with a double grunter that has known to take 3 knot all off the same sex.

My issue with the Pogo apart from the exhaustive price is where exactly do you have access to the space and required layout to cruise.

Call me old fashioned but my 40 year 9.5m woody has a full length lie down cockpit for two and same in the saloon coupled with a double grunter that has known to take 3 knot all off the same sex.

My issue with the Pogo apart from the exhaustive price is where exactly do you have access to the space and required layout to cruise.

Same could be said of many a houseboat. No disrespect to your boat, don't know what it is, but the pogo is a very cool boat.

From what I understand there are waiting lists to buy them new, they must be doing something right.