STOLEN TRAILER / MT PLEASANT YC rego W236

i went down to check on my hobie 14 today and someone had stolen the trailer, not only mine but the hobie 16 next to mine.

it also had a white storage box and a 250mm diameter storage tube.

if anyone sees it please let me know !

Sorry to hear that Jody.
So they took your 14 off your trailer and (one would assume) put the 16 on it? Would this be something that would stand out, not looking kind of right?
Any other points to identify it? Colour, name?

QHSP2886.jpg

well i dont know how they did there get away, all i know is when i arrived this morning there were two catamarans sitting on the grass next to each other with no trailers. there is only 3 catamarans parked there, i noticed that the one that still had a trailer had what looked to be stainless steel links, maybe they are hard to cut through ? mine and the other guys had a link cut. makes me think that whenever you see a boat trailer on a car with no boat its probably stolen. 

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. So it was two trailers, not your trailer and friends Hobie. That is going to be difficult to find. Trailers are sort after now. They cost so much to build. They may possibly be modified to become a normal trailer.
The brightside at least is they left the boats

We had two trailers stolen. One a large transport trailer and the other, a normal run of the mill 6x8. Over a year later, we came across the transporter on Trademe and the Police got it back. But we had to come up with a distinguishing feature first. That proved easy to do because we had built it. But the other would be impossible to do so if it was ever found. Which led me to think that in the future, I need to weld a name or number or something underneath that no one would see, or if they did, they could not easily remove. Then I would be able to say to Police, look for X in this position underneath.