B&G Zeus or Vulcan

Looking at a new unit for the new boat and want to see what people think between the vulcan and the Zeus?

I keep going back to the zeus because of the ability to use buttons and it will be out in the cockpit?

Thoughts?

The vulcan is fine for most smaller boats. But if you want to network (have a plotter upstairs and down) then the Zeus is the go. Also if you don't like touch only - I find the buttons on the Zeus 3 useful in heavy conditions, it can be hard to use a touch screen when the boats falling off waves...

Touchscreens vary greatly, especially when wet. The older generations were pretty rubbish in the wet. The later B&G ones are heaps better, they now have software that can tell the difference between a real touch and rain/water. This is a B&G only feature. However, the buttons can still be easier when there is a lot of movement (its rough).

That unit on Pork Chop was brand spanking new and a replacement for the previous brand new Raymarine touch screen which they didn't honour the warranty on.

I will never go touch screen again, nor Raymarine, and nor Lusty and Blundell for that matter.

And Im very sorry that that farken thing failed you at a moment of need Bazza