Photo

What do we know about the Elliott 1050’s?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#91 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

Whitianga 1050 Second Nature

Attached Files

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

#92 Memo

Memo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:30 AM

Hi Guys,

New to this site...I own Elliott 1050 "Basic Instinct" and have had her for about 6 years.  Fantastic boat!  Originally was bought by previous local SF owner in 1996 in NZ and shipped to San Francisco.  I race her a lot and sail her even more.  She has always been kept pristine...and has some upgrades like the blade keel and a flat top main...

I am always looking to make her faster, but with none here in the US...finding info and tips is difficult.  I am in the process of buying new sails...and would be great to talk with those who have been most successful with like boat in NZ. 

Any idea on who in NZ would chat with me about Elliott 1050 advice?

Thx, Memo    

#93 ex Elly

ex Elly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationWesthaven

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:26 PM

Hey Memo, most 1050s raced in NZ now have square top mains, and bulb keels.

#94 Clipper

Clipper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hi Guys,

New to this site...I own Elliott 1050 "Basic Instinct" and have had her for about 6 years.  Fantastic boat!  Originally was bought by previous local SF owner in 1996 in NZ and shipped to San Francisco.  I race her a lot and sail her even more.  She has always been kept pristine...and has some upgrades like the blade keel and a flat top main...

I am always looking to make her faster, but with none here in the US...finding info and tips is difficult.  I am in the process of buying new sails...and would be great to talk with those who have been most successful with like boat in NZ. 

Any idea on who in NZ would chat with me about Elliott 1050 advice?

Thx, Memo    

I've had one (Gale Force) for 19 months. We go OK. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I'll help if I now the answers. Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users