#1 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Have used clear vinyl hose. It will smell, so I need to wrap something impervious around it or paint it. Or wrap with cloth and resin.Sure there will be something I can use. Bought the proper sanitation hose but you cant bend it and if change of plan you cant get it off. Bloody useless. Solutions please

#2 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Had the same problem with stink and zero room for plumbing but I found a white sanitation hose that works well and can bend far better then even the clear stuff while holding it's shape/

I think it was 'Triton' brand from L&B and I think General Marine Services.

My warder is home so I can't sneak out to suss, maybe later if she pops out for a few minutes. 

#3 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:03 PM

Thanks but a bit late. Have installed but problem yet to be solved. Maybe Denso Tape?

#4 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,534 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

You will have problems if you don't use the proper stuff. No amount of tape or paint will help you either.
To make the Sanitation hose easier to get on, heat the ends with boiling water. The best is a open top jug you can allow to boil with the hose in it for several minutes till it gets soft enough. As for getting off gain, yeh I know it next to impossible.
Hmmm just had  thought. There is a sealant you can buy i both spray can and tin specifically for sealing leaks. Can't say it will work, but maybe worth a try. I have seen it at Bunnings and I think M10. It remains flexible.
Or another thought. There is a Silicon tape that self amalgamates to itself. Not the cheapest, but pretty amasing stuff. Very flexible and no smells will go through it. Would be easy to spiral wrap all the way along and available in many colours.

#5 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

Thanks,thats the story- keep those ideas coming. I dont believe there is not a solution. The Warehouse are promoting a fancy tape ( good for underwater and all) for 40$ or 50$. Question of whats best.? Altex suggested an impervious paint ? used under bathroom tiles.

#6 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

I'd stick with proper sanitation hose, sure its stiff and difficult to work with but it doesnt smell and its cheap enough for the short runs we have in boats. However if there is a longer run then some have had success with pvc pipes. As far as bending it, patience with a heat gun can help, boiling water poured over slowly or even a small butane torch can help soften it up for fitting, shaping and removal.

If you go the tape route, you need something self amalgamating and thick enough stop the smell. good tape is expensive, Ill bet more than hose and in the end why reinvent the wheel? Dont forget there is different brands and grades of sanitation hose. http://www.generalma...h.qJQpM9eV.dpbs

#7 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Too many tight turns might be asking for blocked pipes.
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#8 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Have seen somewhere the manufacturer doesn't recommend using heat.
BP, have changed to using a whale gusher pump so not expecting any blockage.
Hope this all works, should do.
It will be turn on valve and fill bowl ( all below WL) then pump to empty

#9 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

Why on earth would you want to spend $50 on tape to wrap your pooh pipe.
Painting it with anti pooh smell paint Christ it’s gotta be April.
As Wheels says buy the correct product for the job.

#10 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Sanitry grade pipe lasts for yonks without perfuming if you just chuck a bucket of fresh water in the loo and flush it through after each trip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users