Toilet hose

Have used clear vinyl hose. It will smell, so I need to wrap something impervious around it or paint it. Or wrap with cloth and resin.Sure there will be something I can use. Bought the proper sanitation hose but you cant bend it and if change of plan you cant get it off. Bloody useless. Solutions please

You will have problems if you don't use the proper stuff. No amount of tape or paint will help you either.
To make the Sanitation hose easier to get on, heat the ends with boiling water. The best is a open top jug you can allow to boil with the hose in it for several minutes till it gets soft enough. As for getting off gain, yeh I know it next to impossible.
Hmmm just had  thought. There is a sealant you can buy i both spray can and tin specifically for sealing leaks. Can't say it will work, but maybe worth a try. I have seen it at Bunnings and I think M10. It remains flexible.
Or another thought. There is a Silicon tape that self amalgamates to itself. Not the cheapest, but pretty amasing stuff. Very flexible and no smells will go through it. Would be easy to spiral wrap all the way along and available in many colours.

Thanks,thats the story- keep those ideas coming. I dont believe there is not a solution. The Warehouse are promoting a fancy tape ( good for underwater and all) for 40$ or 50$. Question of whats best.? Altex suggested an impervious paint ? used under bathroom tiles.

Have seen somewhere the manufacturer doesn't recommend using heat.

BP, have changed to using a whale gusher pump so not expecting any blockage.

Hope this all works, should do.

It will be turn on valve and fill bowl ( all below WL) then pump to empty

Got a bit of this stuff (unused) under the house in Howick - inlet and outlet sized from memory.

If anyone wants some I can pull it out (the hose) and measure on the weekend. Can't be bothered shipping but pickup from Howick or CBD area would work.

The correct sanitary pipes are a must I have learned the hard way as some will still , the clear pipe will start inverting or sucking inwards after a few weeks I found the clips bit into the plastic , and bends were not even , buy the real stuff ,

Had the same problem with stink and zero room for plumbing but I found a white sanitation hose that works well and can bend far better then even the clear stuff while holding it's shape/

I think it was 'Triton' brand from L&B and I think General Marine Services.

My warder is home so I can't sneak out to suss, maybe later if she pops out for a few minutes. 

Yep - General Marine has good stuff that is smooth inside and not hugely expensive.

I re-plumbed the head and holding tank in my boat last winter. Also repositioned the head (a 1990's Jabsco) and refurbished it plus the holding tank and discharge pump (Whale hand pump). There was extensive calcification within the holding tank and discharge pump which I removed by soaking them in a solution of Barnacle Buster.

The plumbing was a combination of fixed PVC and flexible sanitary hose. The fixed PVC pipes were coked up with a 5mm thick annulus of calcite and the pipes themselves had become brittle with age (they were fitted when the boat was built in 1978 so 39 years service wasn't bad going!), so I replaced them all. The old flexis were pretty clean but so bloody stiff that I had to cut them out. Re-plumbed with a combination of rigid PVC pipe and sanitary hose, using rigid PVC with various elbows where the bends were too tight for the flexi hose. The sanitary hose is quite stiff to work with but boiling water or a heat gun does the trick to soften it in order to get it onto the head / tank / pump spigots. A smear of Vaseline also helps. The finished installation works a treat and is odour free. A shitty job (literally!) but it's gotta be done, eh?

While still on subject; could I put finger over tank vent and pump the Whale and build bit of pressure up and clear the line out, and have bubbles coming out to say hose cleared out? The tank bottom is just above the WL.