#11 lateral

lateral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Locationauckland

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

If it's on council land, guess it's their right. If it's the owners land tell them it's temporary structural support for the tree recommended by your arbortits. The kids just like climbing it.
Put a "no climbing" sign up. "Any one caught will be spanked".
Or made to mow the lawn, or something.
Tell them it's a moa feeder.

#12 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

Put a "no climbing" sign up. "Any one caught will be spanked".

tut tut. ;-)

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#13 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

Still waiting for a consent to close in a 7m2 veranda. Stuck between ACC & council such is the incompetence/revenue gathering of them both.

A bloke at work went through something similar. Gave up after 3 months trying to lodge a "Building Consent Exemption" and then relodged as consented works - and we're in the "industry"!. 

ACC is slowly grinding itself to a halt with this ridiculous environment it's built up.  They are so short staffed that I suspect that they're not willing to staff anything not related to the Government's housing drive or developer schemes with some level of "affordable housing", what ever that means!

After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#14 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

"Any one caught will be spanked".

Hang on a moment there Lateral,

Have you looked into the legislation around that?........................

Definitely not allowed, especially if the neighbours in their two story house are watching you 'hit' your kids.

You'll go from a scrap over a tree house to loosing your kids.

#15 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

You might get a lonely neighbour or two climbing that tree with a sign like that 

#16 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

Yes...it's all lost. At last we agree. Govt now caught up with Council in the BS stakes . Now we're back to strikes...(didn't take long ) Pollies having a go at police manipulation. Media fanning the flames. Just what goes on inside the heads of the drongos doing all this stuff is incomprehensible. But they have taken over. And its all one person's doing that let them out .. Shame Winston

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#17 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

The guy across the road from me has built  a double garage on the footpath  property line, another story on the double garage that was there already , a whole top 'flat' in his ceiling space of his villa , a 'granny flat'  in the back yard which cannot possibly comply with  sunlight or fence proximity guidelines, and most recently ,  a roughly 4 metre high ' mini house?' in between the house proper and the footpath on about  3 metres of space .

In the front yard is a container but thats hidden by a hedge.

No permits , the council is down his neck periodically over the last decade but have literally done nothing otherwise. i  don't really mind and in fact sympathise with the guy , but I know people have been complaining.

Its bizarre to me that the council  ignore him and his amazing disregard to the regs ,I know if I stepped out of their line they'd nail me.

#18 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

High time for a central government inquiry into this TLA idiocy.
Oh ,that’s right so many inquiries going on presently it may take a inquiry into the number of inquiries before this inquiry can begin to inquire.
All is Lost.
Nice day to be on your boat though.

#19 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

Bag the council all you want, its the best system we have and contrary to believes espoused on this board it is democracy. Look at all the different points of view here, some middle of the road and some totally off the wall. Democracy is hard work, its slow and takes time. The authoritarian simplistic approach that underlines the talkback response to complicated issues doesn't work in the long run.

So the council in Dunoch are being numpties, the homeowner has gone to the 4th estate and a campaign against stupidity may well institute a change. One thing to take note of is that the people making the decisions are working from a script, and to protect their jobs and future prospects they have to follow it to the letter. For the most part it works but there are moments when its shown to be off track. We also have to respect the fact that the community at large is driven by fear expressed as overly married to law and order, rules and regs to save the world (PFD's, lock up crims forever etc) so its not an easy jump to a world where everything is regulated and prosecuted.

If it were me I would take down the railings, but leave a ladder and a pallet perched in the tree, then see what they do. My kids were sent outside into the bush with an old halyard and a bit of 4x2, next thing they have a swing over a 40 foot drop into the gully from the Tanekaha. None of them or their mates died.

#20 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

From my experiance anyone who goes for a permit must be some sort of masochistic or is into self-harm. I'm neither so ignore the council, which is why my paces are cheap to build, fast to build, long lasting, good for the planet and don't leak, 5 things a permit doesn't allow.

With the hoo ha over Roseanne's out there comment a few weeks back it brought her show back into mind so I watch some of the first series done back in the day. That show was prime family viewing and was so for an entire decade. I was watching the reruns and thought there is no way that show could play today with it's sexist jokes (from both sides), suggesting kids give parents grief, beer drinking, intentionally low rent and that sort of stuff even if done in a very obvious almost exaggerated made for TV comedy manner. If that played today the wannbe offendeds would be staining their panties in righteous indignation, run the planet out of #'s and cause a 5 degree warming of the planet almost over night.

That show played very successfully thru the 90's, not that long ago when the planet was a far more happier and tolerate place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users