charges laid over death of ocean swimmer

This will be interesting, those pilot vessels travel at high speed, usually in the channels. It would be very difficult to spot a swimmer in chop or glare.

incorrect as far travel in channels,from my observation when they are heading out,tend to round north head and head straight to A bout,never following the channel , Why would they waste fuel?.

Very unfortunate case .

We build Navigation marks. About 6 months ago we put a new one out of Taka beach, it's a fair way out but not by the shipping channel. It is bright yellow, a metre in diameter, floats in 200mm of water and has a 500mm extension on top that is covered

200mm?

I think KM means it will float in 200-250mm of water, not that thats the depth its set in!

Yep, thats how I read it!! Thanks guys.

Must be a trend? Entrance stbd marker into Marsden Cove Marina hit twice in a month. We know the Swiss guy that hit it first time, now in RDM for repairs. 35lb anchor in the roller caught it and managed to bend one fluke on itself! No.W2 off Onerahi at a crazy angle and now No.K9 near over, ladder crushed.