#21 Changed

Changed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationNorth Shore

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:31 AM

Run the RM EVO with separate ram and compass with wireless remote. No complaints. Also use an ST 2000 With a wired seatalk remote as a back up. 2RNIs and a Three Kings and still trucking. Best to keep it simple in my view so that when things don't work you at least have a chance of repairing.

#22 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNorsand Boat Yard.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

Anyone using a TP 22 or 32 with a Simrad MFD? (Simnet not 0183). Does the built in autopilot function of the MFD come up on screen when the TP is plugged in? I think this only works on Simnet /N2K not 0183. Going to try to get our 0183 anemometer to talk to the TP via the MFD. The wind speed and angle comes up on the MFD so should work. Buggar all info on line.
""Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."" Nathan Zelk, Commander US submarine Montpelier (SSN 765) 

#23 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,843 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Anyone using a TP 22 or 32 with a Simrad MFD? (Simnet not 0183). Does the built in autopilot function of the MFD come up on screen when the TP is plugged in? I think this only works on Simnet /N2K not 0183. Going to try to get our 0183 anemometer to talk to the TP via the MFD. The wind speed and angle comes up on the MFD so should work. Buggar all info on line.

Yes. Simnet is N2k for all intents and purposes. The mfd software will identify the TP as an AP, and those controls will be enabled.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#24 Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNorsand Boat Yard.

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Excellent, thanks Matt. (Simrad couldn't confirm that)
""Some ships are designed to sink… others require our assistance."" Nathan Zelk, Commander US submarine Montpelier (SSN 765) 

#25 mcp

mcp

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

external compass is a huge improvement, 

What do you think of the Airmar & Maretron compass/heading sensors?

#26 Winter

Winter

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

Yes. Simnet is N2k for all intents and purposes. The mfd software will identify the TP as an AP, and those controls will be enabled.

Are you 100% on this? I thought the N2k on the TP series only  did heading outputs and a couple other little bits on n2k but no control from MFD, ie no +1 +10 etc from a navico MFD

I hooked one up breifly as a test and could't get any AP functions to show..

Seriously hoping I am wrong, but I want to see it with my own eyes before I shell out for a new TP and p9...

#27 Farrari

Farrari

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationHMB

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

Are you 100% on this? I thought the N2k on the TP series only  did heading outputs and a couple other little bits on n2k but no control from MFD, ie no +1 +10 etc from a navico MFD

I hooked one up breifly as a test and could't get any AP functions to show..

Seriously hoping I am wrong, but I want to see it with my own eyes before I shell out for a new TP and p9...

Yep, I can confirm it does (on mine at least).  I have a TP-32, P9 and Vulcan 7 all connected via N2K and can control steer to heading from the MFD i.e. +-1 and +-10.  You can also set a way-point (or route) and enable navigate mode from the MFD.

#28 Winter

Winter

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

Yep, I can confirm it does (on mine at least).  I have a TP-32, P9 and Vulcan 7 all connected via N2K and can control steer to heading from the MFD i.e. +-1 and +-10.  You can also set a way-point (or route) and enable navigate mode from the MFD.

my oh my. That is the ideal setup - I have a Zeus2.  

What about the other AP options on the MFD  - different turn types etc?

#29 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,843 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Yes. On Vulcan or Zeus 2 and above, with latest firmware.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#30 splat

splat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Tp22 does nmea0183 and simNet (nmea2000) too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users