Core material for anchor locker (if it is ply, marine or not marine)

I have a few project on my list when I take Topaz out from the water, one of them to change the foredeck layout as it isn't as good. That includes the extension of the anchor locker for two reason, one is obvious to have more space for chan and anchor, the second on to create some extra reinforcement for a bollard (for mooring line). So I'm going to add a bulkhead approximately 350-400mm aft the existing one, which is the wall of the current locker. The plan is to fiberglass it in and outside with a couple of lay of fabric which mean it will be sealed completely. Does it worth to get marine ply for the job, or any other just works fine?

Anal racer speaking. I got all concerned last night my new self tacker track brackets were far to heavy. The old SS ones weighed 650 grams each, the new ones I made 310 grams each. I slept a lot easier after that :)

Does it matter how heavy the self tacker brackets are if the boat never displaces any liquid?

I'm slow... stripping the hull took longer than I expected. However I have some progress with the anchor locker, the first two piece already on place. The reinforcement for the mooring bollard. Initially I was going to add this behind the chain locker bulkhead, but I found it was in bad shape due the very poor installation. So the plan is to close add another bulkhead where the shelving is finished and close the bottom (the black lines on the hull shows the final shape. Also the capstan comes between the two new bulkhead, approximately 1200mm from the bow roller.

20180911_160708.jpg