Heater exhaust placement

I'm in the process of installing an Eberspacher / webasto diesel heater.

I'm stuck on where / how to mount the exhaust through hull; looks like this.

s762434499366689513_p526_i4_w160.jpeg

The angle is meant to point up.

I have a Beale 33. the obvious spot on the transom to put this is on an angle;

such that when you place the exhaust on the angle, the piece that is meant to angle up is now almost horizontal.  

This means that any water ingress would sit in the exhaust piping, not the nice stainless bit.

They provide a manual here which details some of how to mount it, but not any permissible angles or anything.

What should I do? Weld another piece onto the exhaust so that it angles up further?

That is what we did on our Young. Got an extension made to fit across the top of the rear locker so it was as high as physically possible (exhaust tubing bent to fit all the correct weird boat locker angles). Then wrapped it with some heat proof stuffy.

Thanks PeteG,

Ive since found someone makes another version with the flange at 30degrees; see here

https://www.melloronline.co.uk/Heater_Installation_Accessories_/4674/24mm_Stainless_Steel_Exhaust_Skin_Fitting_(Straight-Short).html

this one would still need some pipe welding on it to give it an upward angle. 

Or should I just try find someone to custom build instead of modifying this?

I was a bit concerned about that when we installed ours but fitted it anyway several years ago. I just stuff a rubber bung in it. The other day after using the heater I forgot the bung and it was left open overnight in very heavy rain. In fact there was very little water actually entered the tube and I just started up the heater and it soon dried up the few drips in the tube. The flexible stst tube goes right up to deck level so little chance of water getting back to the Webasto heater.