CANTAC

Thats the stuff i usually use except I get these (see below) as i already have the hose and gun set  up. Its great stuff, easy to use and not so whiffey inside a boat.

The very words I used when son #1 wanted to do it himself lining in his new camper van were- 

pre cut the fabric panels oversize and trim the excess off as you go, dont spray too much glue on, work from the centre outwards when putting panels up and chop to shape as you go, use a firm pressure to push the fabric onto the receiving panel as the glue is pressure sensitive and it sticks like the proverbial sh*t to a blanket, work fast as you only get one go as its contact adhesive, get someone to help as two hands are not enough, ideally a trained octopus is what you need to put lining onto a contoured surface.

Sounds easy eh!

For my own boat I have just spent at least 50 hours removing old frontrunner fabric lining, getting rid of glue (sanding, sanding, bogging, sanding, undercoating  bogging, sanding, bogging undercoating etc ) so I can have a gloss finish paint, and thats just in one double berth cabin.  While Im happy to glue the stuff in someone else's boat I would never have it in my own. 

PM.png]TScreen Shot 2018-08-17 at 5.08.58 PM.png

Mate, excellent stuff VB!  Thanks heaps, great rundown. I think I will definitely be using this Cantac stuff then,

ANd I hear you about a nice gloss finish, and I would like that too, but I absolutely cannot stand condensation.  Im tryin to make my boat as dry down below as possible, albeit I know unless you have a dehumidifier going all the time, you cant but help but get pockets of condensation no matter how careful you are at insulating.