Strippers!

Was a learning curve but thought some might be interested in our battle and win!

Decided to strip back to glass our old paint around the cockpit, some areas the sander made little way so tried some "coopers" paint stripper. Took ages, took little off and cost $80 for just one litre.

The two pot wouldn't shift despite a attack with the angle grinder, it seemed to just dry off. Had a tin of 'diggers' stripper and coated it liberally then a cunning move, covered it with cling rap! Its working.

15348969513171454899134.jpg

I am curious. From what you said in your post it sounds like a really good solid, well painted base to sand and repaint to freshen up. Wondering why you have chosen to go to the trouble of stripping it right back to glass?

Not universal. As with some paint over time, areas survive better and longer than others for what ever reason. The sh1tty paint has lifted but not noticeably until you sand it well then flakes crumble off. When I get to that stage, its easier in the long run to rip the lot off and start again because the ripper new paint job will soon start forming cracks etc and lift off. We tried it and thats what I found. She is a timber boat, plywood decks and even though the glass is water tight I don't trust it without a good paint on top.

Whatever you do , do not type "strippers" into your search engine!!!

Try working in a research institute in the lactation unit... search term?  mammaries... 

Damn IT thought police made it impossible to use the internet -"company policy". Had to do our searches at home...

Try working in a research institute in the lactation unit... search term?  mammaries... 

Damn IT thought police made it impossible to use the internet -"company policy". Had to do our searches at home...

Make you feel a right tit!!?