#121 ScottiE

ScottiE

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

We had an interesting conversation in the office here this afternoon re whether 100mil. represented good value.  The consensus (with me the sole dissenter) was that even 200mil whould represent good value and that it would actually be used by a significant number of people to commute.  Let's just say its been a while since such a proper reaming was had in the office on any topic!

Just goes to show wtf dik!

After a decade or so of Euphoria . . . it's time to go Ballistic!
Anthony

#122 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

We had an interesting conversation in the office here this afternoon re whether 100mil. represented good value.  The consensus (with me the sole dissenter) was that even 200mil whould represent good value and that it would actually be used by a significant number of people to commute.  Let's just say its been a while since such a proper reaming was had in the office on any topic!

Just goes to show wtf dik!

haha, that's mildly amusing scottie.

I'm clearly in a massive minority here, I ride a bike when I can and I own a boat.  I currently ride around through Greenhithe to get to my work.  It's 40km and an hour 45 each way, it's the best part of my day.  Even when the sky path goes in I'll still ride around the long way.  Obviously most people aren't as silly as me and I get that.

Was just thinking about the cost. 

Lets say NZTA binned the sky path and you could spend that money elsewhere.

How would you spend it?  (must be roading related given that wad of cash is in the transport bucket)

100 meters of new motorway?  

Remember - You're not stuck in traffic, you are traffic!   ;-)

#123 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

Rehabilitated is correct,a pink elephant,  LTSA $ 100 mil?? pity that cannot spent finishing the southern motorway.

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#124 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

there's a lot of people using the boardwalk around westhaven

great that they'll have somewhere to continue their exercise too

and that it won't cost them any more than a bridge destroying max heavy truck

when i lived in sydney would often walk from kings cross area to north sydney over the bridge

ACT NOW!

don't wait for everyone else

to save you from yourself

#125 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

Rehabilitated is correct,a pink elephant,  LTSA $ 100 mil?? pity that cannot spent finishing the southern motorway.

How much m.way would you get for $100M HT?

I reckon you'd get about a km, maybe 2.  The east/west link the previous 4 way coalition wanted to build through Onehunga was $372M per km.

I'll try and find the link but I read a really interesting series of stats on car use as primary mode of transport to get to work, Auckland was at 84% I think, lower than Detroit, but pretty much the same as most American cities.  Osaka was down at 18%.  It's clear we don't need more roads, we just need to change the way we move around.

#126 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Locationon the waters and else where

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

How much m.way would you get for $100M HT?

I reckon you'd get about a km, maybe 2.  The east/west link the previous 4 way coalition wanted to build through Onehunga was $372M per km.

I'll try and find the link but I read a really interesting series of stats on car use as primary mode of transport to get to work, Auckland was at 84% I think, lower than Detroit, but pretty much the same as most American cities.  Osaka was down at 18%.  It's clear we don't need more roads, we just need to change the way we move around.

Like Motor scooters and motor bikes less than 500 cc rating. Would also simultaneously reduce our carbon emission's they are trying to convince needs to be done when China and India is finding assorts of ways to destroy humans on the planet by funding and developing new open cast coal mines and China at present is trying to persuade NSW to build a coal fired electricity plant with their funding. That alone is about 1000 times extra emission's more than NZds present carbon emission's that is going to happen when they come on stream. The Kids protests would do better protesting at the Chinese, Australian, Indian Embassies / consulates The latest's scientific report if you can believe it as it  was compiled by non Chinese experts states China is illegally emitting and manufacturing ozone layer chemicals increasing recently to / by 68%  and motor scooters / motor bikes would give more time not to be on the roads, reduce traffic congestion,  reduce the need to plant so many trees which aren't being planted but discarded because they were ordered to soon without resource consent. The Ozone layer has stopped retracting / getting smaller in the last two years and is showing signs of expanding.

©  2013 2014 2015

ADVANCING MULTIHULL SAILOR ORGANIZER NAVIGATOR.

OCEAN COMBINED CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER.

#127 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

I got a wee update brief yesterday and the plans are very different to what the recent news articles and talking heads have been saying. Basically they have no solid plans for the path and even less plans on what to do at each end.

If you are saving your best shoes to walk over it I'd suggest you just wear the shoes now. By the time anything happens they will have been replaced, possibly twice.

Also do not count on walking over it while watching yacht races start but you will have a great view of a refinery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users