105 replies to this topic

#11 Nzgrant

Nzgrant

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

Why the hell arent bloody aucklanders paying for this.  The rest of us shouldnt have to pay for aucklands parasites(cyclists) who never pay for any of the infrastructure they demand.  The rest of NZ is sick and tired of paying for everything for aucklanders.

#12 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:35 AM

Why the hell arent bloody aucklanders paying for this.  The rest of us shouldnt have to pay for aucklands parasites(cyclists) who never pay for any of the infrastructure they demand.  The rest of NZ is sick and tired of paying for everything for aucklanders.

Dude, you sound like the exact kind of person that needs to go for a bike ride.  That comment I made about riding being good for the top two inches on the 1st page...

Are you suggesting when I fill one of my two cars up that the taxes on that fuel doesn't go towards the roads in or out of Auckland because I ride a bike a few times a week? 

How many cyclists, I mean 'parasites', do you think there are that don't own a car? 

That's right, pretty much none of them, all cyclists, I mean 'parasites' pay for the roads just like you do.

Another angle is that perhaps you should be happy that there are dedicated cycleways, oh, I mean 'parasiteways' so those 'parasites' are off 'your' roads when you drive your car, EVERYWHERE. :roll:

#13 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

Pretty obvious why Auckland is not paying, no loot left nada zip all gone cupboard bare.

KM you are correct initial budget from the Lycra Lot $21m now no completion time frame or maximum known budget.

Original nominated PPP partner ran /pedalled for the hills.

#14 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:49 AM

Pretty obvious why Auckland is not paying, no loot left nada zip all gone cupboard bare.

KM you are correct initial budget from the Lycra Lot $21m now no completion time frame or maximum known budget.

What do you mean, all Rodney residents are paying $150 targeted transport rate. No other Auckland region is paying that, even though we've got the only toll road in the district, and the only piece of infrastructure we actually need will be a toll road (Penlink). Based on Rodney's contribution, Auckland Council has loads of (our) cash for transport projects.

I can't see why the Govt would pay for this and not other infrastructure with far better cost benefit ratios (like Penlink, a self funding PPP toll road, that just keeps on getting kicked down the road).

Anyway, I agree with KM, this will cost a sh*t load more than $67 mil by the time its finished. I thought it started at $30 mil, I obviously can't keep up with inflation.

And as for commuting on this "pathway", thats a long big hill to cycle over and back twice a day, in addition to the distances to and from anywhere useful on each side of the bridge.

It looks and sounds like a white elephant, curtesy I expect of the Green Parties binary transport / fossil fuel is evil thinking. This will go well over $100mil and be used only by tourists and day trippers on sunny summer weekends. Either that or by people who can afford $2mil houses on the inner North Shore. Hmm, is the inner North Shore normally safe National seats?

#15 native

native

useless around the house

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationThe Shore

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:51 AM

The sentiment of it I support which is pedestrian and cycle access but the solution not so much. White elephant is about right. Wouldnt 100m be better earmarked for a second crossing?

#16 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Maybe if they'd built it ten years ago it would have been $21M?

Instead they farked around listening to the handful of people in the Northcote residents association whinge about losing 'their' onstreet parking and how the concrete road built in 1950 was somehow a part of the country's history so it's ended up costing a whole shitload more. 

#17 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,416 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

From 15 million to 67 million to 100 million by the time it is built.

And at the lose of yet another place boaties can pull their boats out without being financially raped. The Gold Hole will go so they can put a footpath in there instead.

What about a black hole in the footpath?

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12111270

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#18 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Anyway, I agree with KM, this will cost a sh*t load more than $67 mil by the time its finished. I thought it started at $30 mil, I obviously can't keep up with inflation.

I wouldn't be surprised if there has been an amount close to that much spent on it already, possibly more, but that's the price you pay when people kick up a fuss and have the funds to take it to the environment court to hold it up.

And as for commuting on this "pathway", thats a long big hill to cycle over and back twice a day, in addition to the distances to and from anywhere useful on each side of the bridge.

It looks and sounds like a white elephant, curtesy I expect of the Green Parties binary transport / fossil fuel is evil thinking. This will go well over $100mil and be used only by tourists and day trippers on sunny summer weekends. Either that or by people who can afford $2mil houses on the inner North Shore. Hmm, is the inner North Shore normally safe National seats?

The old pushbike is an effective mode of transport fish, plenty of people will love riding over that hill twice a day.

My work will have moved out to the airport before it's finished, it'll save me riding around through Greenhithe to get there but just because there is a hill people don't automatically clamber for the car keys.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't turn out to be the most popular tourist attraction in Auckland.  

#19 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:39 AM

I can't see why the Govt would pay for this and not other infrastructure with far better cost benefit ratios (like Penlink, a self funding PPP toll road, that just keeps on getting kicked down the road).

Ask this guy,

0tubkl4.jpg

#20 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

I thought penlink got the green light?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users