Remote anchor winch control

Thanks KM, it did include some Chinese English notes.

Yellow in, White out, red +ve and black -ve.

What's not clear is if they go on the studs or bayonets.

As the solinoid is mounted on the shelve next to the front bulkhead it's quite a dry environment. I'll have a soggy bed when it gets wet.

I Agree the AA320 is very attractive, but I'm tempted to by pass the cable/plug in the anchor well for now. The lack of replies would indicate very few have tried these, and as you say no one is bagging them either.

Remote wires go to the push on connections on the solenoid - these are the control wires for the solenoid, you can connect as many different switches as you like. If you haven’t got something already, I’d put at least an on/off/on toggle somewhere as a backup to that remote. The studs are the power output to the winch.

I guess the worst that can happen with the cheap remote is it fails to an on position and drops the anchor while your underway, it’s good practice to keep the anchor circuit breaker off until you want to anchor anyway.

We've used those chinese remotes on our winch-equipped farm truck. one of them lasted 2 1/2 years of getting used almost every day and getting trampled by cows and dropped in mud etc - i was deeply impressed with it and happily bought another one when it finally died. the second one only worked within about 7 or 8 metres of the reciever compared to the original troopers 20 odd metres range and only lasted 6 months. the third one worked for about a week then fizzled out...(new batteries didn't revive any of them) so i'd be hesitant about them unless you got one made by the same girl that built our first one. . .

Thanks KM, that is how I have set it up.

Up/Down switch is next to the engine controls (in my case in the Stb rear locker) and the Tx/Rx next to the solinoid in the front berth.

I'll need to 100% check the leads on the weeknd, but I think it's as shown in the picture.

Hope the life is better than Jim s indicates, if not the AA320 will be the solution.