Duncan Stewart -RIP

I’ve just been informed through various yachting circles that Duncan passed away this evening.

Duncan and co. are of course infamous with their exploits aboard Krisis. Not the least of which includes being instrumental amoung the members that brought into existence that great race we call ‘the Coastal’.

RIP Cookie - . . . and until we meet again . . .

yeop , very very sad, bit of a shock really. We caught up last summer at Motuihi at a mass raft, raft up. He was frail but in great spirits and seemed in good health for an old bugger.

I feel for Pam. 

The first time I met him was several years ago in Chamberlains Bay, Ponui.

We had a couple of Open Bics and were racing them ( yes Kids and adults) around the bay in around 15 - 20 knots of gusty breeze. 

Anyway Krisis was parked in the shallows so we used her as a top mark. 

After a while Cookie and Pam waved me over and presented us with a little wee trophy. 

They reckoned they'd so enjoyed our antics that we needed a cup.

They invited me back for a rumbo later and one led to another. I can't quite remember rowing home that night.

The "new years open bic cup" was competed for between cruising boats with open bics for several years. We had a really good round robin at Barrier one year. 

I think it will be Cookies open bic cup from now. 

The world will be a poorer place without you Cookie. 

Seeya round mate.