#11 eruptn

eruptn

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationRotorua

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

Download your favorite movies ( or TV shows) from Netflix to an iPad, either watch on the iPad or stream to larger screen.

Ross 650 Farr 940

#12 BMW56

BMW56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:34 AM

I have a 12V Akai TV I picked up from The Warehouse that works well and cost a lot less than similar models from the RV shops. Built-in DVD player which gets used quite a bit, and both VGA and HDMI inputs to use with a laptop.

I see The Warehouse currently has a 19.5" Veon with DVD for $179, and I think it runs on a 12V external power adaptor too. Could be a nice cheap option.

#13 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Have had a Veon for 2yrs and then put DVD in back to front which was a bigger mistake than I thought it would be. Had to strip apart and parts left over so DVD kaput now. Interestingly the bare steel chassis etc had no rust and as good as new.

#14 Yourmomm

Yourmomm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:22 AM

Yeah my experience with those round freeview aerials up on the mast is not positive. I have a pacific aerials 12v amplified one, boat is moored right opposite sky tower in northcote, and I regularly have trouble with reception (tv3 particularly). That's in the middle of Auckland, so can only get worse from there...usb dongle would be even more rubbish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users