Route du Rhum

Here is a fascinating massage from Joyon that gives us a clue about how on earth he manages to stay awake and keep his huge racing machine on track. “Just before the start,” he said, “someone told me the story of Tibetan monks, who never slept and made do with a few moments of shut-eye, while holding noisy objects which, when they fell to the tiled flooring in their cell, immediately would wake them. Those short moments of sleep are more useful in terms of recovery than any other form of sleep. Just as well, as since the start, that’s about all I have had too!”

I was wondering if this was AT's old boat or his new one. Considering its his old one, and he's got a delivery date for a replacement, he can drive this one like its stolen...

Really flog the sh*t out of it and see if can't win a major event having missed out on the cigar so many times.

I saw this boat for sale or lease in one of the UK mags, clearly branded and marketed as Alex Thompson's Hugo Boss, they didn't bother trying on the 'one careful lady owner' line  :lol:  :lol:

Boris is doing well, went his own way and still got speed south, time will tell is he pays the price or not for hanging in the North. The Ultimes are getting interesting with 260m to go and Joyon only 50 miles behind Garbart and closing, he might run out of runway though as they are covering 600 miles plus per 24 hours. Both will smash the previous record.