Engine Selection and replacement

Nothing (yet). The standard Alternator is now 115A, and produces its power at way lower revs than before - about 35A at idle. Its quite an improvement over the old standard systems. However, its still not a smart charger - not multi stage. I will upgrade the reg at some point, to a good smart multi stage reg, but my next job is to design and fabricate a bracket for the fridge/freezer compressor....

I have wind and solar charging on IT as well, so the alt reg can wait for a bit.

Great info thank you. We swapped out our Yanmar 2 cylinder 18hp for 3ym20 when we brought our boat some years ago. Has been a wonderful little engine and never regretted spending the money going new verse wasting it on a rebuild (done that once before on previous boat)

Out of interest as you don't mention it, what is the warranty situation given you have done the installation and commisioning yourself?

Started making the compressor bracket today. Cant finish it until I get the extra crank front pulley so I can get the alignment right, but its coming along

Made from the bracket off the old engine...

DSC_1061.JPG