17 replies to this topic

#11 dutyfree

dutyfree

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

I am starting a swim with a leopard seal company.  People love sea based mammals, Dolphins, whales etc.  This will add a bit of bungy jumping thrill to a mammal swim.

#12 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

Crikey, this no tax exposure for Limey Inc is seriously not good considering the cost of human repairs that the taxpayer is shouldering.
Just emailed Stuart Nash for clarification on this matter and recommend others do so as well.
Second port of call is my accountant regarding restructuring my tax affairs using the Limey model.
Lectronic chippie services just wave and pay.

#13 dutyfree

dutyfree

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

I dont think Lime will be avoiding NZ tax like a software company can/does.  Lime is providing a physical service in NZ, Google for example generally does not.  The boss tells me they now pay Google for  GST inclusive service.  Lime has physical assets etc here.  It may not pay much tax as it will have I assume quite rapid depreciation of the scooters.  They do have staff here and the "Juicers" provide an NZ service and will be subject to NZ tax laws just like an Uber driver. 

#14 Dagwood

Dagwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

27 kmph, 4" solid wheels, no suspension, no experience and no helmet. What could go wrong? Oh and just add alcohol for the deluxe cluster.

Heard of a young lady after the work do loosing 5 teeth, broken jaw and serious facial lacerations - care to name the cost to the taxpayer to sort that lot? Then there was the big guy I saw laid out cold on Tamaki Drive's footpath with a cop trying to wake him. God knows what he's done and the potential long term impact. 

Meanwhile a 55 year old chippie with worn out knees and struggling to work is on a wait list so long he may as well retire. 

Something isn't quite right..

#15 erice

erice

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:35 PM

caught a scooter back from a movie the other night

$9.50 for 3?km

wife took the outer link bus $1.90

council and lime are discussing lime paying an acc levy 

and a cycle lane levy

meanwhile lime have another 1000 in a warehouse waiting for council to give them the green light for the outer suburbs

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12193693

now that the council fuel excise has risen 

bus operators want/need to raise ticket prices 

but AT want to freeze prices 

and have ratepayers cover the increase

or is it tax payers?

if posts offend .. or even too hard

please "ignore" :thumbup:

http://crew.org.nz/f...ea=ignoredusers

#16 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

In Luxembourg all public transportation is now free.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#17 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

In Luxembourg all public transportation is now free.

Did you make it back to work yesterday? Did you fly or go by boat?

#18 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Flew up Sunday. Went to a couple of meetings. Bought some parts. Flying back tomorrow. Weather looks good for a Thursday departure.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users