#1 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:51 AM

https://www.stuff.co...ericas-cup-boat

I understand Larry has a nice fleet of cats he might charter.......

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

#2 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

No surprise, look at the growing number of engineering failure that have infested yachting over the years.

More of a surprise is what a 930 (you know very well) may come out of Core Builders looking like and fitted with. That could be a freaky.

#3 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 02:32 PM

More of a surprise is what a 930 (you know very well) may come out of Core Builders looking like and fitted with. That could be a freaky.

Would be very surprising to see a 930 come out of anywhere...... at all............

#4 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:20 AM

Would be very surprising to see a 930 come out of anywhere...... at all............

You need to come in from the country and see a place called Westhaven. You'll see 930's go in and out of that every day of the year, in fact they would be one of the most seen class's comin and goin. Actually I'm going to take a punt her and stay 930's would be the most common keelboat to use a Westhaven exit/entrance.

Possible challengers would be  -

Supertanker 34's for sure, they also infest the place and get used a lot.

Err...... what else?

E7's nope, not real keel boats. 88's out a fair bit but seen way less than 930s. MRX maybe but a bit like the 88's they can be boom and bust.

OK, now I've got to know, the count has started :) :) 

#5 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

You need to come in from the country and see a place called Westhaven. You'll see 930's go in and out of that every day of the year, in fact they would be one of the most seen class's comin and goin. Actually I'm going to take a punt her and stay 930's would be the most common keelboat to use a Westhaven exit/entrance.

It is good to hear that there are some 930's remaining afloat, and actually being used. Hadn't they been put on the incredibly endangered, nearly extinct, list? Much like they great southern red crested gecko and the elusive swedish tittie.

Conservationists are apparently concerned the 930's have developed a habit of going into sheds, but never appear to complete their hibernation cycle and never actually come out again. This leaves the remaining (floating) 930's with no mates to play with, so they too feel the need to go into the aforementioned shed, never to be seen again, leading to the collapse of the species.

#6 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

I can assure you Swedish titties are not elusive. There were a few sets here last weekend along with some German, Aussie and NZ varieties.

9 x 930's out play together 2 weeks ago. Clusters are commonly seen.

#7 MarkMT

MarkMT

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • LocationLake Zurich, Illinois or Waiuku, NZ, depending on how I feel. And snow, especially snow.

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Just to keep the thread drift going, anyone know if Grunt Machine sold earlier in the year? It fell off trademe while I was out of the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users