225 replies to this topic

#21 muzled

muzled

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:43 PM

Bean Rk is 28 gusting 37... can't wait to hear who puts the big gear up (or any gear at all...)

Happened to wander down the beach at Taka and saw them blasting past Rangi. 

Whoever had the white kite up was farkn flying!!!  They overtook whoever had the blue kite and didn't look back.

All but one had kites up.  The red kite was doing some exciting looking wobbles back down towards Cheltenham. 

Only one was under jib, the rest had pretty colours out.

#22 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Thread drift alert. Where does "sending it" come from? It's all over the ssanz fb page. Who is sending what to whom?
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#23 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

Send it originates from a viral Facebook video posted on March 1st, 2017. The short clip features a stuntman nicknamed Larry Enticer who utters memorable catch phrases before jumping his snowmobile. “Are you silly?” he asks, before claiming that he’s “still gonna send it” despite the dark and frigid conditions outside. Larry proceeds to crash his snowmobile.

#24 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

That's what I found. Although I'm pretty sure the term isn't that new?

#25 Ed

Ed

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

At the hen already, fast ride north.

Send it, or sending it has had been around for years. Always thought it had its roots in sending the mail on the fastest stagecoach available, no reference for this so I might have just made it up myself after a few rums

#26 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

At the hen already, fast ride north.

Send it, or sending it has had been around for years. Always thought it had its roots in sending the mail on the fastest stagecoach available, no reference for this so I might have just made it up myself after a few rums

Sounds legit.

They're smoking. 5 hours ish to the hen would be roughly up with record pace for a coastal classic for those boats. And they're only 2 up.

#27 RushMan

RushMan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Send it originates from a viral Facebook video posted on March 1st, 2017. The short clip features a stuntman nicknamed Larry Enticer who utters memorable catch phrases before jumping his snowmobile. “Are you silly?” he asks, before claiming that he’s “still gonna send it” despite the dark and frigid conditions outside. Larry proceeds to crash his snowmobile.

My first introduction to the term was in New Zealand in 2011 I think... But I may be wrong

#28 DanInEurope

DanInEurope

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

My first introduction to the term was in New Zealand in 2011 I think... But I may be wrong

It's on this very site as far back as 2010, probably earlier i just did a quick search.

#29 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

So they've had a good run overnight too.
0600 update to tracker shows motorboat turning the corner 3 miles out from the finish, just ahead of titanium. Then followed by Krakatoa then gale force neck and neck with Katana, then copellia then arbitaire.

#30 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:16 AM

Motorboat just finished. Titanium coming in to the finish now a few minutes behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users