Elliott 1050 - Timber or glass?

Not certain on this but my understanding is that sniper was the first one and the plug for the mould. If that's so then I don't think you'll have a choice between timber or glass if sniper is gone. That'll mean it's sniper or a glass one.

Not certain on this but my understanding is that sniper was the first one and the plug for the mould. If that's so then I don't think you'll have a choice between timber or glass if sniper is gone. That'll mean it's sniper or a glass one.

Correct, Sniper is the only timber 1050 and was the plug.

You can't beat a good kauri log. Double diagonal kauri with a glass skin makes a very nice hull. Combine that with the E1050 design, mint.

Some of the photos of the timber interior look like a work of art.

You can't beat a good kauri log. Double diagonal kauri with a glass skin makes a very nice hull. Combine that with the E1050 design, mint.

Some of the photos of the timber interior look like a work of art.

A big plus there Mr.Fish. ours is double diagonal kauri and a glass skin, launched in 1966 and dispite various attempts over the years by other boats to sink her, shes still afloat. Very low maintanance, strong, cool in summer and no one I think will be building these again now the kauri is all but gone...or going, to China.

• Upvote 1