Gas stove issue

Hi folks,

Had a intermittent issue with our gas stove. It occasionally will go, but the burners wont go at full power. Its not a empty bottle, as after the first time it did this we took the bottle in for a full but was nearly full anyway.

The setup is Bottle - > Solenoid - > Stove/Oven

Anybody had anything similar like this before and what was the fix? (or ideas I can use to further diagnose the problem)

Cheers

AG

Yep, if it’s all the burners with the same pressure problem, it’s the regulator!

If it’s just one or two burners with different levels of problems, they likely just need a clean out. Pretty easy to disassemble and clean. Take pics for reassembly if your not sure.

• Upvote 1

Nah, the regulator is at the bottle. Burnsco and local hardware stores have them. Cheap. Remember gas hoses need to be crimped. You can do that yourself - burnsco stock the crimps, and you can crimp them with a pair of carpenters pliers...

Great tips - I suspect the regulator as its same problem on all burners. Will have to find the model of stove etc to see if the part is available.

Wouldn't get too bound up finding an exact replacement, most of the regs you get are pretty much the same.  Giving it a bash with something non-rubbery can also lead to it deciding to work again too.  I carry several spares.

Nah, the regulator is at the bottle. Burnsco and local hardware stores have them. Cheap. Remember gas hoses need to be crimped. You can do that yourself - burnsco stock the crimps, and you can crimp them with a pair of carpenters pliers...

Not advisable. Have it professionally done by a licensed gas fitter. (Marine Gas Regulations introduced in 2013. It makes it illegal for any person to undertake this work unless properly qualified.) Will also void your insurance and public liability should you set fire to a marina. I know I will get "flamed" for this here but we have the gas bottle IN the cabin running a dual burner gas ring, does all we want and a fully compliant line to the bottle. So easy to turn the gas off at the bottle when not in use and safe. Yes safe.

Having a gas bottle in the cabin is a risk I'd never take. It is WAY more dangerous than a couple of gas line crimps.

All crimps and joints should be tested with soapy water when made, and periodically when in use.

Use a proper gas detector as well, always on.

CH in case you are thinking “long johns” you would be incorrect.

Hint, it’s body armour in case of a uncontrolled explosion in a confined space.

Hmmm. Is that "confined space" external or internal!? (as in vindaloo...and a naked flame)

images.jpeg-1.jpg