#11 southernman

southernman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Locationnelson

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:53 AM

I used that self amalgamating tape on my spreaders and it's lasted two years, starting to come off now on one side, not bad really.  

#12 Beccara

Beccara

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • LocationWhangarei

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:56 AM

We used this in the Telecommunications biz outdoor for waterproofing coax connections

https://nz.rs-online...-tapes/1921605/

Been to coastal sites 3+ years old and it's still had to be cut away. It works well, A few times we did have water make it's way in due to improper application so we added this:

https://www.3mnz.co....91082225&rt=rud

over the top, havent had any issues so far

#13 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

I sussed the spiel on the stuff I have and no mention of UV at all but a few to it being resistant to harsh weather and in the uses is things like 'antenna connections', 'coaxial cable' and 'exterior plumbing' which suggests they think it's OK outside.

The spiel is enough that I'm going to use it on my spreaders, which I'd never thought of before Kev mentioned it, nice thinking and solves a issue I will run into very shortly. Thanks fella.

I have some white coming and will use that. I don't need slimming Black, its a scrawny noddle on a skinny Ross boat :)

#14 Kevin McCready

Kevin McCready

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Thanks everyone for all your responses. I think I'll go for the self-amalgamating option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users