#41 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 01 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

Just heard Hell (Michigan) has frozen over.Another hell will freeze over before POAL builds another Port. That's why they're grabbing everything going now. The planners are planning the lawyers are lawyering the managers are managing directors are directing all at huge expense and personal benefit. And that people is the future for POAL. Remember POAL has no responsibility or accountability for public good.Just the shareholders.

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#42 SloopJohnB

SloopJohnB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,526 posts
  • LocationPatumahoe

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Something like this?

Attached File  To hell freezers over.jpg   63.49KB   0 downloads

"With age comes wisdom .... and with wisdom comes the knowing when to avoid perfection!"

#43 Veladare

Veladare

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:21 AM

armchairadmiral

Posted 23 minutes ago

That's why they're grabbing everything going now. The planners are planning the lawyers are lawyering the managers are managing directors are directing all at huge expense and personal benefit. And that people is the future for POAL. 

Absolute rubbish.

Believe what you want but Im telling you thats just straight up bollocks.

I sit in meetings with them discussing these things, and others things to, and Im sorry to disappoint you, but none of what you are saying is even remotely true.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

#44 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

Least we forget, our current mayor was elected on a platform of zero further encroachment into the harbour,

We used threw that at them last week in an effort to get access to council meeting and workshops they said are closed to the public. One of the lads had a Doc in which Goff said we would be granted access and the right to be involved on any consultation.

A big win for us and good to see Goff/Council has actually walked his talk on this. What will happen now is in the lap of the gods but at least the public will now have a chance, something we didn't have only 2 days ago.

#45 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

Just heard Hell (Michigan) has frozen over.Another hell will freeze over before POAL builds another Port. That's why they're grabbing everything going now. The planners are planning the lawyers are lawyering the managers are managing directors are directing all at huge expense and personal benefit. And that people is the future for POAL. Remember POAL has no responsibility or accountability for public good.Just the shareholders.

Going to have to go with Veladre on this. From all I've learnt recently the PoA is being very helpful and has definite plans to use less waterfront not more. Bar a 5-6 story carpark in the waters edge, the eye sore potential is stratospheric, I've seen nothing that concerns me at all.

As a FYI, the Auckland wharves are owned by PoA, the council and the Government. Some wharves have shared ownership, some just one owner.

Panuku is what you need to watch, they are the most powerful and potentially damaging gang on NZ soil.

#46 armchairadmiral

armchairadmiral

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationEkatahuna

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

I was referring to building a new port if you read my post ! Veladare can sit in on as many meetings as he/she likes and all that's going to happen is an ongoing expensive talkfest designed to confuse and obfusicate whats really going on. Which is planners planning,lawyers lawyering....I too have sat in on many meeting /talkfests/conferences/confidential briefings and usually all that comes out are more consultant commissions and staff reports. Yes Veladare very rarely something does happen....very occasionally. Good luck .BTW are you on the gravy train ?

The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools.  Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher 1820 - 1903

#47 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Locationon the waters Land and else where

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:52 PM

While you are at it demand that the extensions include recycling facilities for their wastes rather than it being dumped at sea. Facilities also to include facilities for inspectors to inspect all their sewerage treat plants, logs, ballast water dumping logs and the treatment of such to ensure they are not dumping marine pests such as the Med fan worm etc. Push that angle and you might have more success. Push the environment issue to be included as a result of the govt signing on to recent international treaties this JANUARY to eliminate sea / ocean pollution at the source. This would push the extensions further and possibly out passed the boundary /  outside their present allowable working limit thus killing two birds with one stone.

I have taken the matter of harbour pollution / plastic pollution and marine vessels waste dumping up with the minister and associate minister for the environment August 2018.. I have also taken the matter up with POAL and Goff. POAL have support re my recommendation for the port extensions  but have not been asked or been consulted me re the Dolphins extensions. I do not support the dolphin extensions unless they include the facilities I have been advocating to include facilities for NZ inspectors as mentioned.

They [ The NZ Govt ] replied but can't find a way to copy and paste. It does not have any restrictions on it. Basically the reply stated the ban plastic single use bags was only the first step in a long term strategy.

My reply to the associate minister for the environment,

To

Attachment.

To all listed

Thank you E.Sage associate minister for the NZ environment for your long delayed reply.

Your reply does not address the question that most of the plastics on the NZ foreshore and some harbours are caused by inadequate land fill containment systems as I out lined.  You state your goal is to eliminate plastics use at there source, there is more plastic containers, straws used by food retailers customers, fast food plastic containers, deli and take away food plastic containers in the streets / on the roadsides inc plastic drink bottles, plastic wrappers. Why were they not included?  Do they not come within the definition at the source.
Local governments have local by laws prohibiting waste dumping with monetary fines. Where are the local by laws preventing sea and ocean waste dumping with monetary fines.

You also state that you have signed on to this January, numerous international treaties to address / eliminate sea and ocean plastic pollution at the source.

Where is the legislation banning NZ navy vessels, visiting and departing cruise commercial passenger liners, all cargo vessels, which include container vessels, from taking on board goods, bulk food supplies, drinks including the bindings /  bound by plastic wrappings, tape, containing plastic bags, single use plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic drinking cups, plastic detergents bottles, plastic cooking ingredients products inc cooking oils, soaps, cosmetics, confectionery products, drinking straws, energy drink bottles, pharmaceutical and other products containers made with / from  plastics. The source of the sea and ocean plastics pollution in international waters and NZ territorial waters is from the marine vessels that travel the high seas and oceans dumping all that listed plastic consumer products and more into the oceans / high seas daily sometimes twice daily? A long time documentary photographing them during the dumping process is common knowledge and most are aware of this. If you are going to introduce legislation why not do it in one piece of legislation instead of dragging it out piece meal because at the moment you will not be in the next NZ government. This would save the ministry for the environment funding causes / projects  like you stated the minimisation fund, the sustainable coastline projects because the source would be eliminated. Where are the recycling facilities at our NZ ports especially ports that intend extensions and marinas for all these pollutants to be deposited for collection to encourage marine water users to bring there waste ashore rather than throwing it overboard into the coastal waters and international waters.

©  2013 2014 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ADVANCING MULTIHULL, MONOHULL SAILOR, ORGANIZER , NAVIGATOR, PREVIOUS SKIPPER

OCEAN COASTAL WATERS COMBINED, CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER, WEATHER, SUPPORTING CALLING FOR BANNING THE ELEPHANT TUSK IVORY TRADE.

#48 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

KM not if it is architectural designed to be in keeping with the surrounding harbour environment. While they are at it they should borrow more, look to the future as the Australia's did more than 100 years ago when they built the Sydney harbour bridge and go higher perhaps 15 stories or more as it is in a commercial Zone with all the surrounding buildings adjacent in a commercial zone. The building to be in keeping with the Auckland harbour environment appeal, and a futuristic design should be a NZ landmark statement to visiting people. Australia Sydney has the harbour bridge and the opera house, USA has the statue, England has Big ben, France has the tower, what has NZ got? It appears the visitors leave with an impression of polluted water ways, lakes, insufficient toilets and facilities with locals stating and behaving like they are unwelcome.

OCEAN COASTAL WATERS COMBINED, CRUISER / RACER ADVANCING MEMBER, WEATHER, SUPPORTING CALLING FOR BANNING THE ELEPHANT TUSK IVORY TRADE.

#49 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

KM not if it is architectural designed to be in keeping with the surrounding harbour environment.

Architecturally designed only means it cost 50% to 1000% more to get to the same end result as one that was drawn up by a drafts man.

and go higher perhaps 15 stories or more as it is in a commercial Zone with all the surrounding buildings adjacent in a commercial zone.

The thread is about mooring dolphins. It they were 15 stories high they would not work.

It appears the visitors leave with an impression of polluted water ways, lakes, insufficient toilets and facilities with locals stating and behaving like they are unwelcome.

Don't believe the media reporting on comments by vested interests. NZ is a must see destination apparently and with social medias ability to spread news faster than some hot chick with drinking issues and marginal morels can spread STD's at a music festival, if NZ was that bad it wouldn't be.

#50 Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

Rehabilitated

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

Why the did you pass a comment re the build on the wharf, with parking facilities being a eye sore which is not a mooring dolphin.

A mooring dolphin is an isolated marine structure for berthing and mooring of vessels.

In that case I do not support your protest submissions what so ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users