Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Michael Hills new ride.
https://www.superyac...cht-new-zealand

Attached File  F2F32EF3-024C-4AEC-AF4E-8EEAF3A98746.jpeg   98.16KB   3 downloads
Attached File  4392AF98-0BE6-4C57-932C-EF464DDA16D9.jpeg   334.31KB   1 downloads

#2 Steve Pope

Steve Pope

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

Whats with the camo painting, I've seen several rich (very) mans toys over the last couple of years with them, some quite intricate ??

#3 Sabre

Sabre

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

Looks like he is planning on doing some serious miles.

This thing rocked up last night.. 39.5m, 6200hp, 40,000L fuel, built in carbon! Anyone know who owns it?

Attached Files

#4 darkside

darkside

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

Is that Lanakai? Been around the Barrier a lot this summer.

#5 Sabre

Sabre

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Yea that’s the name... I had already forgotten it. Still hanging around barrier. Bloody massive.. somebody has a slightly bigger boating budget than me

#6 L00seM00se

L00seM00se

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Looks like it needs a couple of cannons on the front.

#7 Fish

Fish

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

The Beast looks like a work boat. 

Good design for servicing oil rigs isn't it? Large crane on the flat aft deck. I see its designed to carry a 13 m game fishing boat, and a 9 m sea-legs.

As for the camo...

Aren't most of these super wealthy guys worried about the impending Armageddon? All these people of wealth and influence, that have a habit of buying prime NZ real estate, a lot of that is to do with our favourable location at the bottom of the world if Trump pushes his biggest red button, or what ever other fate causes the sky to fall.

I get the impression that some of these butt ugly 'expedition' yachts are not so much designed cause Michael Hill wants to explore the Patagonian fjords, but more for when everything goes to sh*t, they can get out of dodge. What better than on a camouflaged vessel equipped for long range unsupported and remote operating. With this one, you can sneak out of town in your 43 ft Riveria, rendezvous with the mother ship, have the whole Riv lifted aboard and peg it across vast oceans before the zombies have smelt your blood.

#8 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,406 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:08 PM

Lanakai
MMSI: 319128300
Call Sign: ZGHA
Flag: Cayman Is [KY]
AIS Vessel Type: Pleasure Craft
36m

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#9 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

The Beast looks like a work boat. 
Good design for servicing oil rigs isn't it? Large crane on the flat aft deck. I see its designed to carry a 13 m game fishing boat, and a 9 m sea-legs.
As for the camo...

Aren't most of these super wealthy guys worried about the impending Armageddon? All these people of wealth and influence, that have a habit of buying prime NZ real estate, a lot of that is to do with our favourable location at the bottom of the world if Trump pushes his biggest red button, or what ever other fate causes the sky to fall.

I get the impression that some of these butt ugly 'expedition' yachts are not so much designed cause Michael Hill wants to explore the Patagonian fjords, but more for when everything goes to sh*t, they can get out of dodge. What better than on a camouflaged vessel equipped for long range unsupported and remote operating. With this one, you can sneak out of town in your 43 ft Riveria, rendezvous with the mother ship, have the whole Riv lifted aboard and peg it across vast oceans before the zombies have smelt your blood.

Michael is old thin and cranky with wealth.
What else would you expect.
Foul indulgent self centred craft dot the planet as medallions of all that is incorrect.

#10 darkside

darkside

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

Actually it's wonderful. Keeping the good folk of Palmerston North and Foxton Beach at the epicentre of expedition super yacht production. You couldn't make that up. I dare you to even try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users