This Weekend's Weather

My open home signs might blow away

I'm quite intrigued to see if Metvuw or Windy is right, neither of them have changed their forecast for 4 days now.

Metvuw says Armageddon is on its way and Windy saying Sat will be quite nice and Sunday will have some fresh breeze but nothing out of the ordinary.

The Americans and the Europeans don’t agree

Be interesting to see who get it right

Or will it be a bit of each

Time will tell but I’m going to check my boat on Friday just in case

Yeah - 'cept the roof hasn't been cleaned in years - and we're under a Puriri, Rimu and a Kauri.  Downpipe's not been purged in months.  Water in the toilet bowls are brown with small bits of treewood

So.... need a good flushing all round

Had a boatbuilder mate round earlier. Took both of us about 40 minutes to figure out the layout of the tank plumbing.

Got there in the end :wtf:

Yeah - 'cept the roof hasn't been cleaned in years - and we're under a Puriri, Rimu and a Kauri. Downpipe's not been purged in months. Water in the toilet bowls are brown with small bits of treewood

So.... need a good flushing all round

Had a boatbuilder mate round earlier. Took both of us about 40 minutes to figure out the layout of the tank plumbing.

Got there in the end :wtf:

Rain water systems here in Aus generally have a screw cap at the lowest point of the system... Undo that and stand clear

So's this.  I opened the gate valve and thought I'd tapped a sewer line.  It STANK.  Black water/mud.

We've only been here 3 weeks.  I don't think the previous occupants knew much about systems......

We've already got the fine mesh over the gutters.  Problem is with, being under trees, we get so much debris sitting on the roof which the rainwater has to penetrate to get into the gutters.  We ( I ) just need to get up there as often as possible and keep the roof clean(er).  I knew this before we bought the property, not something that's just occurred tous.

Pretty soon we'll get a man in with a chainsaw and prune back some of the puriri - being the main culprit, as well as the one the *$$%@  possums sit in dropping berries on our heads.......

...... really should have it's own thread this one  ;-)