History of this boat?

In the pictures below is a yacht that is one a pole mooring at Port Nikau/Port Whangarei, just south of NZ Ship repair yard.

Does anyone know the history of this yacht? There is no name on it. It would have been something spectacular in its day.  Bit of a waste.

DSC_0398.JPGDSC_0396.JPGDSC_0402.JPGDSC_0401.JPG

I'd expect Whangarei ratepayers will soon have to pay for it's disposal.

I suspect you are correct.   There are a few rust runs, so likely a steel boat.

Been there ages but not worth the work!

Totally agree...It would be better to start from scratch.

I was just interested in the history of it or what it is.  It was one a very expensive yacht. 

didn't Ivan Erceg of Sensation Yachts have one sorta like that? I thought his was 125 foot though.

A Canadian mate of mine skippered it for the '99 cup defence, and I recall being a slave for a day on a gulf cruise. What a bunch of twats some wealthy people can be.

Christ that sounds about right. Living some kind of a dream I guess and how can you blame em. If you have enough cash gonna get some trained seals/monkeys

All I recall was Karen  (I think that was her name - Ivan the terribles wife iirc, wine industry lady entertaining her restauranteur clients ) having a tanty cos we didn't get the windsurfer out. She said rather bluntly "I don't give a flying f that there's no wind, I want it out".

OK I thought...

Yup its ercegs old boat had a massive electrical fire in but there was heaps of structural sh*t wrong with it steel hull and alloy top I am pretty sure. It was never a well looked after boat