Marine pests prompt local hull cleaning rule rethink in northern NZ

Thanks BP, I was going to post it too, NRC always uses "vessels" dirty bottoms when referring to Med fan worm as the method of its spread, no mention of tides, coastal currents etc. etc. It would be interesting to see how much has been spent on "containing / eradicating the fan worm. It has to be in the millions!

• Upvote 1

I tried calling their 0800 number once. I was on hold for a long time. Then got a young switchboard operator. I told her my question. She told me id have to speak to the office in whangarei?. I said fine please put me through. Sorry cant do that, you have to call them yourself. Ok can you give me the number?. No. Is it privileged information?. No. So please give it to me. I dont have it. But this is the 0800 number are you saying you dont have a directory of your offices? We have lots of offices.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cx please dont be rude .

I hung up.

I got the number by calling the customs guy in whangarei whose number i had ( hes a decent bloke). I rang that number and left a message asking them to call back. It never happened even though i left the message twice .

So while i like that idea i probably wont participate.

It's like all the bureaucratic agencies......they put up their contact details but there is no one there to answer the phones.........

In the CEO's report we have met our KPI's as there where no reporting of the Fan Worm in our area.