Average annual swing mooring costs in auckland?

Hi all. My northcote swing mooring (for an 8-12m boat) seems to be averaging a cost of around $1700 inc GST, every two years, to maintain and inspect. This seems very high to me, but i suppose theres not too many sanctioned engineers to choose from, and a lot of regulation. What are others' experiences of costs?

Cheers

Ours chain needed upgrading three years ago, bottom chain is now 20mm top one is 16mm. Welded rings. A lot heavyer than it used to be, feels good. The swivels get replaced every time apparently.

We only require inspection every three years. We needed to notify our insurance company, they were ok with this.

I personally would not want too many cowboys. Contractors will then have to cut corners to compete. Four or five registered contractors is enough in my opinion. If they rip people of or stuff up they get struck of.

18 hours ago, Loz said:

I have recently been charged $7200.00 incl Gst to lay a 12-15M mooring in shallow river. Is this the going rate.

Yep. We laid a 12-15m 3 years ago and that was $6k

Friends have just laid one next to ours and it was about  $7k, so I'd say yours is the going rate.